Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to add a overhead console or two. I liked the stock one for front but what about dvd in rear? Did they make it with two or just one long one? I have a LS 2002 TB. There is a hump on my headliner so I really do not know what will fit and what wont.

·
Registered
2002 chevy
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
pretty cool flyingfischer5. I'm looking at staying with factory parts I can get of e-bay or salvage yard. Anyone ever do two consoles or one long one? Did the factory ever do it?

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,574 Posts
My uncle just got a 09 trailblazer and it has two consoles in it. One for the front and one for the rear. I don't think they ever had a one long one. If you want one like that look on ebay for a 1998-2001 silverado console. :m2:

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
22 Posts
I want to add a overhead console or two. I liked the stock one for front but what about dvd in rear? Did they make it with two or just one long one? I have a LS 2002 TB. There is a hump on my headliner so I really do not know what will fit and what wont.
I have pretty much the same vehicle as you. I have the stock overhead consoles including the DVD player. I'll take a pic for you, hopefully later today.
I can tell you now though that it's seprate parts, not one long one.

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
BlazingBob, thats definitely an aftermarket DVD player, the factory ones (even in 02) only had the front console and not the middle one (in your case).

I have yet to take any pics of my SS or my 02, but my 02 looks exactly like BlazingBob's, same color and everything.

·
Registered
2002 chevy
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
I just won some overheads like in BlazenBobs. Should be here end of the week. I can't leave anything alone when I get it. Must be "TimTaylor" disease:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

If the factory plug isn't there do I just need power to the Memo/door opener or something special?
I need to run the power lead for my DVD I'll add in the fall anyway.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
314 Posts
BlazingBob, thats definitely an aftermarket DVD player, the factory ones (even in 02) only had the front console and not the middle one (in your case).
i have an 04 ext with the same dvd player that came factory with mine. but i dont have the middle console at all.

And yes the the EXTs can have a flip down monitor with the middle and rear vents.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts