Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i want to replace my power steering oil pump with used one .. but there is adeffrent in the

i want to replace my power steering oil pump with used one ( 2005 short wheel ) , but there are differences in the size of the belt pulley
i go to gmpartsdirect.com and found that there is a difference in price between the wheelbase long and short

Description Year MSRP Price Your Price
P/s pump, bravada/envoy/trailblazer, 113" wheelbase - power, rack and pinion - POWER, RACK and PINION
02-04 $178.35 $178.35

P/s pump, bravada/envoy/trailblazer, 129" wheelbase - power, rack and pinion - POWER, RACK and PINION
2002 $379.05 $379.05

What is the reason for the price difference?
Is it possible to replace the new belt pulley with the original one ?
any suggestions or help would be useful for me
thank you

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
The EXT (129" wheel base) has a smaller pulley than the SWB (113"), but I don't see why there would be that big if a price difference.:confused:

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I mean that the different size of pulley, would lead to a change in the speed of rotation, and thus the pressure difference .. May would be a difference?

200$ just for the pulley ? i think there is a defferent in the pump !

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
I don't use that vendor, but I looked on compnine.com and the price difference looks like under $40, and both of them are around $200. None of this $379 nonsense.

And the pump assembly doesn't include the pulley anyway, so you have to re-use the one you have.

Try looking at Rockauto.com. They show ACDelco and Cardone remanufactured ones. Under $100 for Cardone.

Also look at this Ebay listing. $100, and worldwide shipping available.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's too late to shut the stable door after the horse has bolted..
:D

yeasterday .. i bought a used pump but it is from a short wheel base and changed the pulley with the old one is there a risk of a future because of the difference? Is there a difference in the pump between the ext and the swb ?:weird:

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
8,770 Posts
There's a price for the pump only and a price for the pump and reservoir. I remember a pump at the dealer was $168 and a pump w. a pulley and reservoir was $600! I ended up buying one off ebay for $60 from a 2006 envoy. I've got an 03 TB EXT, but I dont remember if the donor was an XL or not :undecided

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.