Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So to keep from having a cumbersome sub box in the way back in the cargo area....and yes i've looked at the custom fit side boxes, i'm wondering how hard it would be to mount the slim design pioneer 8's in the rear doors? Just for that little extra umph that components or 6 1/2's can't quite deliver. I'm planning on some components in the front but would love to have the bass coming from the doors instead of a box in the back. Has anyone done this yet?? Is it worth it?? I'm not looking for the competition type pounding bass, just a little more than what's there. I wouldn't be against maybe another set of tweeters in the rear if necessary too.

Thoughts?? opinions please!! thanks!

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,554 Posts
most people who do an 8 in the door use it as a midbass in a 3 way active. if you put a sub there, where would you mount the midrange??? plus the vibrations would be insane, you would have to dampen the doors, not that thats a bad thing, just more cost and hassel, if you just want a little bit of bass.

for ease, i would say a single 10 or 12 in a 1ish cube box would be easier and cheaper, and probably sound better.

here is my 1 cube box with a 10, i have plenty of room, i dont know what people are hauling these days that they need all that room. with their stealth boxes and putting slim subs in the cubbys, and whatnot. i moved all my stuff down for college in my trunk alone, nothing in my front seat or back seat, it all fit in the trunk, with my sub.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
314 Posts
i am changing out my system right now and using 2 DD1508s. I have an EXT so trunk space is non existent. But with those i made a box that takes up the area behind one seat. Still have half my trunk space and those will give you what you want and more. You could try putting the DDW6.5s in the door. Should give you what you are looking for.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
122 Posts
I've always hated the fact that they put those mids in the front doors. Especially after taking off your door panel a couple of times, the rattle is unbearable. I'd like to have words with the designer behind that bright idea. They do have those slim mount boxes that fit pretty tight against the rear quarter panel in the cargo area. That's always an option and uses up less room than a big sub box. They're just so damn expensive!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.