Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xl
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the dealer were to hook up their scan tool to check to see if any coils are potentially bad even if the car doesn't set any codes?

Thanks for any help.
Rob

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,708 Posts
Dealers tend to be just parts replacers. They do not diagnose problems well. Why do you think it is bad but working ok?

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xl
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Trying to solve an issue with vibration while idling in Drive or Reverse (sometimes in Park/Neutral). Problem described in linked thread. I am thinking either injector issue or a coil but not sure.

Here is the link to my other thread.
http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=55245

Not sure where to go next. I did order a PCM tune from PCMforless over a week ago but they have yet to send it out. (they were waiting for more cores). I was hoping a new PCM might help but since this vibration thing just started about 2 weeks ago I am thinking it won't. just searching for any info.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks
Rob

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Trying to solve an issue with vibration while idling in Drive or Reverse (sometimes in Park/Neutral). Problem described in linked thread. I am thinking either injector issue or a coil but not sure.

Here is the link to my other thread.
http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=55245

Not sure where to go next. I did order a PCM tune from PCMforless over a week ago but they have yet to send it out. (they were waiting for more cores). I was hoping a new PCM might help but since this vibration thing just started about 2 weeks ago I am thinking it won't. just searching for any info.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks
Rob
The powers to be do not like it when you post the same thing in more than one forum. That being said, have you unplugged and replugged all the coils a few times to clean up the connectors?

·
Banned
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xuv
447 Posts
Does anyone know if the dealer were to hook up their scan tool to check to see if any coils are potentially bad even if the car doesn't set any codes?

Thanks for any help.
Rob
advance auto parts will test them for free

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
advance auto parts will test them for free
Advance will check for opens or shorts but not under load. A driveabilty scanner will tell you a lot more.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts