Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
'05 Chevy TB EXT
4,345 Posts
You've got those oil leaks because you have pressure in the crankcase.

Solve THAT and you might cure all your oil leaks.

·
Premium Member
'05 Chevy TB EXT
4,345 Posts
the PCV can cause increased crank case oil pressure, which gets relieved through the spark plug tube seals and valve cover gasket. whichever gives first. either is better than the head gasket. any time you've got missing oil it could be something less than great. pint every three thousand is enough to start investigate for sure. i like to change my 4.2 L6s at three when im running dinosaur oil and getting it done somewhere.

point is you may as well have that PCV changed on while they in there. should have almost no oil usage and minimal leakage afterwards. as long as they are competent or experienced with the atlas motors. sounds like wrench #1 just didn't know what they were looking at.
Can you provide a part number for the PC Valve you say you can change?

We're talkin' a 4.2 here ...... okay?

·
Premium Member
'05 Chevy TB EXT
4,345 Posts
I don't get the corollary ... a vacuum leak from the booster should have zero deleterious effect on oil consumption ... just the opposite, really.

It WILL diminish the efficacy of the CV - side of the PCV system ... then you make chocolate mayonnaise.

·
Premium Member
'05 Chevy TB EXT
4,345 Posts
@ Petrakas,

YOU SAID THIS: "replace your pcv valve," .......

AND I SAY ---- FOR THE LAST TIME --- THE 4.2 ATLAS ENGINE DOES NOT HAVE A PC VALVE.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts