Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
13 Posts
First time on here need opinion from others who know more about this vehicle. I have a 2006 trailblazer ext 4x4, 4.2 6 cylinder 220,000 miles. I noticed a burt oil smell a whole back so I pop the hood and look for any leaks. I see oil running down from what I assumed was the valve cover gaskets ( know a little but will admit nowhere near a mechanic . So I call my mechanic and tell him I'll pick up the gaskets and drop it off in a few days. Today he calls me back and says he isn't going to change them because I have severe blowby and it wouldn't do any good. I go pick up the trailblazer and bring it home, take off the oil cap while it's running. No smoke, no pressure coming out when I hold my hand over it. No ticking and runs smooth. Will admit it doesn't have the take off that my wife's 07 trailblazer does but can blowby cause this much oil? It has had a leak as of late fee drops under it right after I park. Did notice today that there was a drop here and there landing on the hot exhaust because you could see the smoke pop up and smell it burning more.
View attachment 59726 View attachment 59722 View attachment 59723 View attachment 59724 View attachment 59725 View attachment 59726
View attachment 59725
View attachment 59724
View attachment 59723
View attachment 59722
You definitely need to replace those gaskets, replace your pcv valve, clean the throttle body, etc.
try this, it work for me but of course I cant guarantee anything, you will do it at your own risk: remove the oil dipstick, secure it in an area where it will not interfere with the engine, install a breather on the disptick opening, in my case it has worked great, I did the same to my audi q7 and to my ford edge, I sold my acadia, she had the same, never any issues.
good luck

1 - 1 of 1 Posts