Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_ls
468 Posts
if you're going to compete you will have to tune a little higher than usual like mid high 40s low 50s maybe..

hopefully someone can help you out..

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
538 Posts
called a sledge hammer box(almost like mtx version, slams hard and good for competeing but as said before in thread fire it backwards for best results. The ports are like in an L shape going back. the speakers don't share air space. Its basically how they make the sledgehammer box. I would definetly look in to making one of these. if you would like to let me know and i can help with the dimensions and how to make. I haven't carpted it yet because i'm trying to find viynl that matches my leather. the vinyl will had the minor inperections of the box. If you want more information you can goto MTX and JL website they kinda of give you the intructions on how to make it, but also depends on what subs your using and how ur have it wired/ohms. Subwoofer Audio equipment Loudspeaker Vehicle audio Light

Car subwoofer Subwoofer Loudspeaker Vehicle audio Audio equipment

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sport utility vehicle Trunk

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
538 Posts
sorry i disagree with that comment....best possible way is sound bouncing off tailgate and returning...that is why hatchbacks are the loudest.....and if you are going for just db's u might want to think about just keeping it sealed....port is louder but wont "hit" like a sealed box will...

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
538 Posts
Ok then that box i showed you would be perfect for you....but your not going to be able to compete as good as you could with a ported box.....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.