Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2002 olds bravada
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced my camshaft position sensor a couple of days ago (Very easy to do) But after i did it my SES light is still on and my cruise doesnt work now. The truck doesnt stall anymore (Thank God) and is running great but i am still having these two problems. I got a 6 1/2 trip coming up and i dont wanna have my foot on the gas the whole time lol. Any suggestions?

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
What code(s) is it throwing now?

Have you pulled the battery for at least 35min after replacing the sensor to let the PCM reset itself (well the fuel trims and idle)?

·
Registered
2002 olds bravada
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He didnt give me a code he just said it was the camshaft position sensor. Yes I did unhook the battery. After I changed it and the light was still on I had the guy at Auto Zone run the check again the scan tool and he said it was throwing the same code. Im wondering if the sensor itsself is defective?

·
Registered
2002 olds bravada
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The two codes i got were P0340 and P0128 (Which is the thermostat that im gonna replace soon)

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
Hmmm P0340 is Camshaft Position Sensor Circuit Malfunction, not directly related to the actual sensor. Have you checked the wiring going from the sensor to the PCM? Thats where Id start now, sounds like the sensor isnt feeding the PCM proper information.

·
Registered
2002 olds bravada
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Ok ill look at the wiring. Is it hard to change out if that is what i need to do? Also they said something about Camshaft position sensor bank 1. Whats is bank 1?

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
On the I6 there is only 1 bank (its an inline 6, not a Vx motor where they have banks 1 & 2).

You replaced the sensor, not the actual camshaft actuator correct?

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
2 Posts
First time poster, although I have used this site a ton since I got my 02 Envoy.

I am having the same problem, as many. After looking at other posts and following the instructions, I have 1.) cleaned the throttle body 2.) changed the oil/filter 3.) installed new cam shaft actuator 4.) installed new cam shaft sensor. I have scanned and reset the SEL every time and the same code keeps popping up. After reading this, I am thinking it may be the wiring. Is there any way I could get further instruction on what wiring to look at and how to test if it is functioning properly? Every time I take off the actuator wiring, it is full of oil, could this be the problem? If I need to, I will replace the wiring if it is not too expensive, I just want the light off and my cruise back.:cry: Any help will be greatly appreciated!

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Find an independent mechanic with a Tech II or similar high end scan tool to do the diagnosis. They could tell if you have an open/broken sensor wire or something else wrong in the circuit. Otherwise you'll be tediously tracing and checking continuity on the harness from the sensor to the PCM, which is what you have to do if going to a mechanic is not an option. They're only a few feet apart, and schematics are available on alldatadiy.com or through PDFs available through links you can find on trailvoy.

Here's one: http://www.fileserve.com/file/4sjY3cr

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
3 Posts
where is the camshaft position sensor

trying to find out why my cruise control turned off while driving. checked the stop lights and they are working. Does the camshaft position sensor have something to do with this problem. If so how do I find it?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts