Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had a cam installed and thinking about swapping it out already. My wife wants something bigger. It made 391/380. Its a Compcam and the specs are, 224/230 with a lsa of 114.

When I talked to the shop I explained I was looking for a nice lope without drivability issues so my wife wouldn't complain. I'm just looking for some advice for those of you with bigger cams and how you like it?

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ss_lt
2 Posts
Can't really give you advise because I don't have much experience myself but I am interested in how it runs with that cam now? Also what other supporting mods you have done to it.

I am swapping in an LQ4 with a 226/229 575/578 @112lsa but stock manifolds and mail in tune. So I am not sure how its going to be. I am assuming it is going to buckle some down low and the I6 stall will be too small for it. But I had it laying around so ill see how it works out lol

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ended up swapping cams a week later, lol. I'm not positive on the exact specs but I think it was a 228/232 with a 112lsa. Ended up making alittle over 400rwhp.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ss_lt
2 Posts
Wow those are some good numbers! Congrats on the setup.

What supporting mods are you running? And that a dyno tune im assuming...

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ss_3ss
6 Posts
Pcmforless.com has probably the most experience with cams on a trailblazer ss than anyone on the planet... They have a great selection of cams. I got there rob cam that is prob the best drive ability cam I've ever used. They have bigger cams and smaller as we'll. my rob cam thumps pretty good

·
PCMofNC.com - Sponsor
2007 chevy
486 Posts
Pcmforless.com has probably the most experience with cams on a trailblazer ss than anyone on the planet... They have a great selection of cams. I got there rob cam that is prob the best drive ability cam I've ever used. They have bigger cams and smaller as we'll. my rob cam thumps pretty good
Thanks I appreciate that! We are actually www.pcmofnc.com now! Same people and business just changed the name a bit. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts