Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been getting the engine light appearantly the error code is something about the cam and crack being out of position.

The light will come and go for while untill I get the code reset, then it stays off for a while but always comes back.

I figure it is a sensor somewhere but not any ideas would be helpful.

PS it is the V6, not the V8

Thanks

Brad

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
I6 you mean and whats the exact code you're getting? Did you get your PCM tuned or a new one installed? If so you need a CASE relearn performed. If not then you probably need a new cam position sensor.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
58 Posts
I6 you mean and whats the exact code you're getting? Did you get your PCM tuned or a new one installed? If so you need a CASE relearn performed. If not then you probably need a new cam position sensor.
X2- Code would be helpful, and probably a new CPS. When was the last time you changed your oil? I saw where the oriface can get clogged and trip the SES.

http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=28340&highlight=Camshaft+actuator

Also, it is CRANK, not crack. You never want any kind of crack in an engine. Unless you're cracking the throttle :D.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Crack LOL, yes I meant Crank. It was a friend of mine and he never mentioned the code just that it was the cam and crank positioner. Oil Change light has not come on and is probably not more than 4,000 miles since it was changed. It is a 2004 with only 50,000 miles.

PCM Tuned or new one : the answer is no but what is it that your are refering too and does the dealer have to do this ?

Thanks

Brad

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.