Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle_xuv
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey

I took out the cam actuator solenoid today and found the middle screen was broke but still in there, the screens were a little dirty but didn't look that bad. Would that give me a cam phasing error code or not. Do you think the screen being broke would effect anything? should I put it back in w/ only 2 screens or buy a new one? Can anyone tell me where the crank sensor is? going to change that out to. Sorry for all the questions, but going on vacation in a couple days and need to get this fixed. Thanks...

· Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
2,236 Posts
Hey

I took out the cam actuator solenoid today and found the middle screen was broke but still in there, the screens were a little dirty but didn't look that bad. Would that give me a cam phasing error code or not. Do you think the screen being broke would effect anything? should I put it back in w/ only 2 screens or buy a new one?
I would replace it if a screen was loose. If a piece of screen comes off in the engine, it can cause all sorts of havoc and damage. Not worth the risk.

Can anyone tell me where the crank sensor is? going to change that out to. Sorry for all the questions, but going on vacation in a couple days and need to get this fixed. Thanks...
The crank sensor is not a routine item to replace. Is there a reason to need replacement? I am sure someone else will post exactly where it is located, procedure to replace etc. If you replace that, you would need to get the CASE (Crankshaft Angle Sensor Error) alignment done at the dealer, something that will need to be done with a GM Tech2 tool. Can cost up to $100 at some dealerships to get that done.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.