Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
3,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since we share a common interest for TrailVoys... I was hoping to get some assistance from those who still have their stock springs laying around...

If you still have the tag attached to your stock front springs... can you make note of the color and the number on the tag? Also, open your glovebox and note all the RPO codes that start with 6 or 7 and post the information here... http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=58599 ? Please also post year and model, as well as SWB or LWB...

This would be MUCH appreciated from the Off-Road members! :grouphug:

:tiphat

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
May I add we're also trying to fill in the gaps on a comprehensive chart of rear spring options as well. Same thing about the part number tags, and glove box RPO codes that start with 8 or 9 (like "8EX" for instance). If there's any colored paint splashes, those are part of the codes as well.

This project might help all members buy the right springs from junk yards or from other sources, since GM helpfully designed an array of over a DOZEN spring stiffnesses for each model year, and assembled the vehicle depending on the wheelbase and what options were put in it. But the dealer supply chain doesn't offer all possible spring types (to reduce their confusion and warehouse expense).

People who have lowered EXT/XL vehicles might find their stiffer takeoff springs become more valuable to folks like us looking for lift.

Thanks, everyone!

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
434 Posts
I have a spare set of springs that I purchased. The fronts are the same as my stock ones, but the rears have codes I have not seen before.

YUY - orange 15948009

YUZ - purple 15948010

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.