Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i am in the mist of purchasing 2 DD1508 i am looking for help with an enclosure. I have seen plenty of boxes built but i am going try one on my own. i know on the DD web site it gives ported box dimensions for a single 8. Well i am getting two. here goes the questions
Can i simple build a box to the specs on the page and just put two subs in there? or will it have to be bigger. If it does have to be bigger what dimensions would you all recommend for the box? i know how long to make the port (cause they tell you) but how wide should the port opening be?
well thanks in advance for the help. as soon as my current set up sells i will be starting and yes i know pics or it didnt happen.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the quick response but i really dont understand much of that. is there anyway you could draw out a diagram and put the lengths to the side. woudl be a great help

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
425 Posts
on the dd website (link) it says that the box volume/port requirements for 2 1508s is the same as for one 1512. these pics are of a recommended box for 1 1512 right from DD. but intead of cutting the one 12 inch hole cut out two 8 inch holes

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok then know can adjust some of the dimensions as long as it keeps the same air space. and if the answer for that is yes will that affect the port dimensions or will they remain the same because total air space remained the same.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.