Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, i needed to to flush the system and by doing so i ended up braking one of the bleeder screws on my passenger side fornt caliper, i called my dealer and he said that part is not available, only the whole caliper assembly, ok then next dealer..same story....i hate GM....anyhow, anyone here knows what size are our bleeder screws so i can get a jobber one ?

Thanks

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,240 Posts
Auto parts stores sell a bleeder repair kit. The old bleeder screw gets drilled out and the hole tapped to make new threads. Then the new piece screws into the new hole and then the bleeder screw into that piece. Bleeder screws are available seperately. Possibly p/n 89027179 or 14071826??? Can you get the broken piece out of the caliper?

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The screw is out already, but i would prefer having the original bleeder screws, but even on the dealer site i can't seem to find the front calibper ones, only the rear....weird, i've taken both out, and indeed teh ones on teh rear are different than the one in teh front....why why why, right now i have a bolt in place....

so if anyonw knows the size of our bleeder screws, i'll just go ahead and buy those speed bleeder

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
I put Speed Bleeders on my '03 Envoy and Fr. and Rr. were the same size. If you still have the broken piece take it with you the the parts store. IIRC, they had them at Advance Auto Parts. You may have to buy different sizes and return the ones you don't need.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.