Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all,

My wonderful wife bought me a cai from ebay, as i was undecided on whichone anyway. i have bought from ebay plenty of time for Cars though and wa expecting a louder deeped sound. What if i bought another cai and made it longer and lower, or are our tb ment to sound like this. I dont want to spend alot but i have some spare cai from other cars. idk just curious thanks

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ita a complete stainless steel setup with mushroom air filter. butas i said im looking for a throater sound like gained from my cars even with cheaper cais so i was just wondering if this is what to expect from a tb or can i do something like extending it lowere would be my results

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,236 Posts
The Trailblazer engine has a peculiar sound that is unlike most other engines out there due to the double overhead cam I-6 design.

Many guys have worked to get that low V-8 rumble (or the intake sound) with no real good results. For the most part, doing things to make more noise only ends up with an uncomfortable buzz or drone.

Just the nature of the beast. Our engines are more like Indy car motors than street V-8s, so they sound different as well.

Oh, and BTW, the sound has nothing at all to do with being "cheap" or "expensive." It has everything to do with engine design.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.