• I'm not interested in a CAI

Votes: 46 6.6%

• Total voters
101 - 120 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
115 Posts
Any problems with error/engine codes after installing a CAI on a Trailblazer? (07 LS V6 4.2L)

I'd probably install a K&N, just because I've installed them on previous cars.

If there are no issues with codes or install, then I'm good to go.

K&N lists a couple models on it's website for 07 TB 4.2L, which should I get - 57-3062 / 63-3062 / 77-3062?

And it looks like the hole for the MAF sensor is different on these models,
one is circular, one is rectangular.. any ideas?

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xuv
44 Posts
Volant on its way

Bought it on Amazom for $171 shipped to the door. Getting 17.5 around town with the PCM tune and Magnaflow cat hope to improve on that. Was running with the True Flow upgrade filter and real curious if stepping up to CAI will in fact help with MPG.

·
Banned
386 Posts
Bought it on Amazom for $171 shipped to the door. Getting 17.5 around town with the PCM tune and Magnaflow cat hope to improve on that. Was running with the True Flow upgrade filter and real curious if stepping up to CAI will in fact help with MPG.
I think the numbers are marginal at best. I went the opposite route and installed a DIY air intake and have noticed some gains around town. My AWD Rainier is now getting around 17.5 to 18 MPG's in the city. On this tank of gas, I've been driving 50% city/50% hwy. My DIC says 19.4 with about 150 traveled. When I do fill up next week, I'll know more "true volume" numbers. If I keep my speed around 65 on the hwy, I can manage around 24MPG. Now, this is all without the PCM tune. I'm curious if I can even improve on these numbers after the tune. :confused: Looking forward to it though.:D:D

·
Registered
chevy trailblazer_ls
29 Posts
Air Intake

Hello new here, I have a 2007 LS 4.2L what is the best air intake for my truck, with out hacking up the air intake box. I just ordered a Volant air intake # VNT-15742 from Summit $275.00 hope it fits right. I'm new here. Ned:cool:

·
Banned
1,354 Posts
Hello new here, I have a 2007 LS 4.2L what is the best air intake for my truck, with out hacking up the air intake box. I just ordered a Volant air intake # VNT-15742 from Summit $275.00 hope it fits right. I'm new here. Ned:cool:
Same one I just installed, only I got mine for about $25 less off of ebay, brand new. Only snag I hit was there were not holes for the screws for the MAF.

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle
2 Posts
I am interrested in the K&N 77 series for my I6 2005 Envoy but now I hesitate because what I read here about the metal tube and the heat...

Now I am thinking to check for the 57...

Is it really better ?

Also, does anyone knows where can I get it for a good price around Montreal, Canada ?
Shipping is expensive for US to Canada... The best price I found for the 77around Montreal was 283$ at Canadian Tire...

Any Ideas ?

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
3 Posts
I am interrested in the K&N 77 series for my I6 2005 Envoy but now I hesitate because what I read here about the metal tube and the heat...

Now I am thinking to check for the 57...

Is it really better ?

Also, does anyone knows where can I get it for a good price around Montreal, Canada ?
Shipping is expensive for US to Canada... The best price I found for the 77around Montreal was 283$ at Canadian Tire...

Any Ideas ?

I got the 77 and never noticed an issue with heat... I don't know if the 57 is better performance wise but i ve heard it and sound much deeper than the 77... Different material

·
Registered
chevy trailblazer_ls
29 Posts
Air Induction

I got the 77 and never noticed an issue with heat... I don't know if the 57 is better performance wise but i ve heard it and sound much deeper than the 77... Different material
Good morning up in Canada as in my other post I tried a Volant air box spent $250.00 for it, the air horn that is on the stock air box doesn't fit the Volant so there's a big hole for the heat from the engine to come in. I found a air filter name SPECTRE {looks like a K&N} BUT FOR half THE PRICE, $24.99 works great in stock air box, Me personaly stay with stock. Ned Pa.:cool::nono:

·
Banned
chevy
1,091 Posts
Good morning up in Canada as in my other post I tried a Volant air box spent $250.00 for it, the air horn that is on the stock air box doesn't fit the Volant so there's a big hole for the heat from the engine to come in. I found a air filter name SPECTRE {looks like a K&N} BUT FOR half THE PRICE, $24.99 works great in stock air box, Me personaly stay with stock. Ned Pa.:cool::nono:
I use a Spectre filter and a 45* bend of ABS pipe as a shortram style intake. I have no MAF do deal with since I'm a 2002. I have about $30 in the whole setup. I did it primarily to get my intake higher and out of the air box for water crossings, and so I could mount my air compressor in the stock air box.

The filter sits right above the exhaust manifold, so it heat soaks a little if the truck is stopped. But at speed it's a non-issue.

In case you're wondering, I run through some really dusty environments, and the inside of my intake tube stays clean. I even rubbed a ring of heavy grease on the inside to see if there was any buildup. Nada. So the cheapie filters seem to do alright in filtration. No, I haven't had the oil analyzed.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ss_ls
111 Posts
Volant came with my SS dont have a problem I like the box design **My bad guys I thought this was the SS forum just ignore my vote**

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
3 Posts
Newbie here: which should I do first (after resonator delete)? PCM tune or CAI?

Am looking to get that throaty sound out of that I6 :D:woohoo:

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
15 Posts
I made my own because I like fabricating up stuff! It only cost me just under $50 to make and that's with the AEM Dryflow Filter! Diffidently notice a difference in sound and throttle response!

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
19 Posts
I spent about $115 with Intakehoses.com and made my own. 3.5" tube a 45 and a hump hose. Sounds great!

101 - 120 of 141 Posts