Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some good examples of DIY heatsheild for CAIs. Im about to start project of making one. Ive seen a few posted, ieatglue, and the airbox cutting ones. Anyone else got some they have never posted pics up? Also the airbox ive been looking for one to cut, are they any different from 2005 and 2006? i can seem to find 2005 on ebay often just not 2006 ones. or another option, does any company sell just the heatsheilds that come with there CAIs like replacements?

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Info for anyone that wants to know. I email K&N and you can purchase there Heatsheild as separate part p/n 07468 for $46.93 off there site, i wasnt able to find it searching the site but told that thru email. think im going to go the hollowed out airbox way but theres an option.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,236 Posts
I'm not sure what that shield would do to keep hot under-hood air from entering the air flow.

The object behind a CAI is to introduce cold air into the intake stream. That, in part, is why the factory installs that big box up front, with the spout that takes in air from the grill area. Modifying the intake so that hot air enters the engine would likely wipe out any gains made from straightening out the air flow.

I chose to go the route of hogging out the stock box. That is for two reasons -- first, the one mentioned above -- second, one of these days, I'll add a cowl induction hood, which is ported to introduce outside air directly into the top of the air box, and I'll need the lid where it is in order to make this work up to specs. That will give me a true ram air setup, and should be worth additional horsepower at freeway speeds.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.