Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

41 - 60 of 302 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
2,220 Posts
I suspect the 360s originally planned for the filter, but lost it when GM decided to delete the filter in other 2003 truck models, and it takes a year or two to implement a production change, just a guess though. Was reading on Bob Is The Oil Guy forum that 2003+ Silverados lost the cabin air filter, so maybe a result of GM's de-contenting cost cutting happening those years?

Looks like all you need to do is cut out the filler panel and replace with a door and screw. Maybe the door has a part number. In gordinho80's pic shows the "boss" for the screw, but can't see if the slot is there for the tab on the door to hook into.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,203 Posts
Alright! - Another feature us early adopters have that the later models don't! :)

So has anybody with an '02 actually found filters already installed? - I'll have to grab a set of filters and crawl under mine this weekend. Would be nice to filter out some crud curculating with the a/c. (Damn, that means I'll want to clean it before stuffin the filters in...yet another task to do).

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
46 Posts
My 03 had the bolt and door maybe its something they quit doing after the 0:confused:3s

·
Premium Member
2006 gmc envoy_denali
861 Posts
Anybody had a look at an 06 Envoy?

I admit to being lazy but it's -15C out there. I won't be looking until it warms up. :no::no:

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
3,250 Posts
......and fabbing up a door for it.......
Or make a quick trip to local junk yard and find an '02 or '03 TB.

I'll be buying & installing the filters on my '02 tomorrow!

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
1,044 Posts
I remember a few years ago, my dealer try to sell me on changing my cabin filter...I declined. Now, makes me want to check to see if anything is in there. I am the original owner, so after 9 years and 4 months of no cabin air filter, will be interesting to see if the dust on my dash decreases.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,289 Posts
Looks like another to add to my to do list. I looked after seeing this thread I too have the door with the bolt. So it looks like it stopped after the 03's :raspberry

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
40 Posts
My 2004 LS doesn't have the door but I'm going to fab up a door for it this weekend. But I had a 2004 Ascender and 2005 Envoy. The Ascender had the door and screw and the envoy didn't. So the Ascender must of got the last of production of them heater boxes in 2004

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
331 Posts
After seeing tblazed's photo I determined my 03 Envoy had the removable access door so I stopped at O'Reillys and bought the CAF for a '00 Silverado.
Microgard 3012. Perfect fit.
There was enough dust to write you name but no early signs of life forming.

On the list supplied with the MG filter were other comparable filters.
Puro: C15388, Wix:24805, ATP: GA-4, Hast: AF1114, Fram: CF8791 and
GKI: CF1012

The door had a molded p/n of 52489412 if of interest to anyone. That number does not show up on gmpartsdirect but is listed on compnine's site..... around $8

Thank's to the original poster.... good find.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
286 Posts
So it would be #16 in this diagram....

·
Registered
3,250 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006 gmc envoy_denali
861 Posts
Yep, that's the puppy. Was only on '02-'03 TB's.
Damm I like the idea of a CAF but don't think I want to do any surgery on the beast just yet. Still waiting for a friend from Vegas to do a visual confirmation, but I suspect it won't go on the 06 Envoy :mad::mad:

·
Registered
912 Posts
Another confirmed fit! I bought the purolator version of the 1999-2002 silverado CAF and the 2 filters fit nice and snug. This had to have been made for a CAF and GM just dropped the idea. Airflow did not change for me and I will post pics later.
Total install time: 5 minutes.

Props to the original poster!

·
Registered
912 Posts
As promised:
Purolator C15388
Also I believe the arrow where the filters go in represents the air flow because the filters I bought are directional.

Attachments

41 - 60 of 302 Posts