Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 20 of 302 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking around behind the glove box on my 02 ltz and there is this cover you can take loose from the bottom and you can see the evaporator up in there, two cabin filters fit perfectly right in front of the evaporator just like in the 2000 silverado. Hmm I may leave them in awhile and see what happens, looks like it will work though.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will get some pics up soon evap was a little dirty, the filters fit perfectly in there.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Here is a pic it, the two filters fit perfect side by side just like in a 2000 silverado. I wonder what this really was intended for a place to clean out evap? First time posting a picture hope it works:worried:

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ltz
125 Posts
I also wondered about that opening in my TB. I used it to help clean fiberglass insulation off from the evaporator when mice built a nest in the fan!

·
Premium Member
2006 gmc envoy_denali
861 Posts
Here is a pic it, the two filters fit perfect side by side just like in a 2000 silverado. I wonder what this really was intended for a place to clean out evap? First time posting a picture hope it works:worried:

Nice pic, is this looking up? What filter fits in here ??? Brand, Model and #

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes that is looking straight up, the part number I used is a p3730 should be two filters. The ones I used fit a 2000 silverado 1500, 5.3
they fit pretty good in there.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
286 Posts
Did you notice any reduction in airflow after installing the filters?

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
525 Posts
Excellent idea! I wonder if my 03 has the same opening? Guess I will be checking into that really soon. Let us know if you have a reduction in airflow.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
40 Posts
Did your truck have a little door or did you have to cut out plastic piece. Bc my 04 LS appears it needs cut out. Thanks

·
Banned
2,762 Posts
Yes that is looking straight up, the part number I used is a p3730 should be two filters. The ones I used fit a 2000 silverado 1500, 5.3
they fit pretty good in there.
Is this listed as a cabin filter or air fitter for a 00 silverado?And do you need to buy two or as you said it comes in two?:undecided

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
286 Posts
There's a possibility of the evaporator freezing up with the fan on the lowest speed if there isn't sufficient airflow across it after adding the filters....

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
250 Posts
There's a possibility of the evaporator freezing up with the fan on the lowest speed if there isn't sufficient airflow across it after adding the filters....
Interesting, anyone have the airflow specs?

This would determine how much the air flow can be reduced without having any detrimental impact.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xuv
89 Posts
The evaporater shouldn't freeze up, even with restricted airflow, if the low-pressure switch in the refrigerant section is working properly--it's function is precisely that--keep the evaporater from freezing by disabling the compresser. It's the same switch that keeps the compresser from running in cold weather

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_ls
63 Posts
Might be designed to have filters in there. Chevy and GMC may not have given us the option for cabin filters but maybe it was an option on the higher end Saab? Idk for sure but i'm going to check it out.

*Update* Nope Saab didn't either. Def. needs to be mod of the month!

·
Registered
912 Posts
Ok I looked for the cabin air filter spot tonight and I eventually found it. It looks almost exactly the same as the 1999-2002 silverado's cabin air filter set up. It looks to me like it can fit 2 air filters in there as they do in the silverado system, however, I will not know until I buy 2 filters to test fit tomorrow. I will take pictures of the possible install and will report back with more info. Here is a video of the change on a silverado. Ours looks the same (the slot where the filter goes in is covered by a 7" x 2" plastic cover with one bolt holding it in place, BTW this is on the passenger side).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mp45ToY4Pbw

1 - 20 of 302 Posts