Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would a race be like between an AWD SS and a C5 Z06 from a dig? I am assuming traction would be a problem from a standstill for the vette, but it would start pulling pretty quickly...?

Came up next to a nice black one at a set of lights yesterday, but had to turn of and never got a chance to see what would happen.

·
Banned
2005 gmc envoy_sle
3,253 Posts
your right,,ive seen that race in person.....the tbss takes it off the line for about 75-100 feet then its over,,the zo6 walks it,,both vehicles stock of course.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
your right,,ive seen that race in person.....the tbss takes it off the line for about 75-100 feet then its over,,the zo6 walks it,,both vehicles stock of course.
That's what I figured, thanks :thumbsup: Sure are nice looking vehicles

·
Banned
2005 gmc envoy_sle
3,253 Posts
you got that right! I love the tbss and the zo6,,hell anyt corvette for that matter.

·
Registered
2007 chevy
180 Posts
At last year's TBSS Nationals, some dude showed up with a C5Z06.

He left pissed off (seemingly, nobody saw him after these runs).

I ran him, all I had was a brand new (installed 2 days prior) RPM Level 6 trans and Yank SSTB 3600 converter, Vector CAI/HSRK, and a locked Vector tune that wasn't made for the trans, just the CAI, so its shift points, converter lock was all wonky. I destroyed him off the line and he ended up just BARELY catching up. I think he won by a couple hundredths.

Another guy ran him with the exact same trans/converter, but with efans, 160 tstat and underdrive pulleys (we were running the same times 13.3s) and same outcome, destroyed off the line with BARELY catching up at the very end.

Now, I've got efans, a new PCMforless tune, PCMforless' Attitude cam, forged internals (lower compression...soon to be sprayed). It wouldn't be same outcome. But, yes, they suck at launches on street-meat but the power/weight ratio is in their favor.

A stock AWD TBSS might take it off the line, but at the 60' the Vette will be past it. You'll need a converter at least to make it respectable off the line.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts