Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got everything to hook amp up to components on the front and the coaxils for the rear doors and the tweets in the front. How do i bypass the bose amp ?

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
49 Posts
you may have to do a re-wire to bypass the factory amplifer...heres info if you want to dig into it

Amplifier Output » Premium w/o RSA
Wire Function Colour Notes Fuse # Fuse Size Fuse Location iC
12V DC Battery Orange 11 20 amp Fuse block below left rear seat
Remote Turn On (input) Pink
Left Front Mid + Tan Door speaker
Left Front Mid - Gray Door speaker
Left Front Tweeter + Dark blue In-panel speaker
Left Front Tweeter - Light blue In-panel speaker
Right Front Mid + Light green Door speaker
Right Front Mid - Dark green Door speaker
Right Front Tweeter + Orange In-panel speaker
Right Front Tweeter - Dark green In-panel speaker
Left Rear Mid + Brown
Left Rear Mid - Yellow
Right Rear Mid + Dark blue
Right Rear Mid - Light blue
Amplifier Location Behind trim panel on left (XL) or right (except XL) side of cargo area

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,339 Posts
I got everything to hook amp up to components on the front and the coaxils for the rear doors and the tweets in the front. How do i bypass the bose amp ?
I don't know what you have/want.
Bypass the bose amp in favor of what.
I have an aftermarket amp that I ran rca's from my pioneer to - then from that amp, I ran speaker outs to the factory amp - cut the factory amps speaker outs to the front doors wire nutted and taped the amp side of those wires and the other side (the side that goes to the speakers) I hooked to the aforementioned new amps speaker outs.
Some don't like the factory wires and run all new wiring.
This thread has the schematics for the '05 up bose system. (it's about another topic but you can see the wires I'm talking about)
But if you take ten of our systems - they're probably done at least 8 different ways.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I want to run a aftermarket amp for the coaxils in the rear and componets for the front. If I rewire the speakers and send them to the amp with the rca's. Will that work and i don't have to worry about the Bose amp powering the speakers.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,339 Posts
Yeah.

At least if my assumption is correct. I still don't know what you're doing. You're talking about rca's - I'm assuming you have an aftermarket radio - the stock radio has no rca's.:undecided

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
239 Posts
:hijacked WARNING :hijacked

I am about to install an aftermarket HU and would like to know about this also...I plan on using the HU power for now until a little later. I need to bypass the bose amp and haven't looked at it yet to see how it would be done but it would be nice to know ahead of time.

Later I will be installing (8) 6.5's and (2) Crescendo Supertweets but I will run fresh wiring for all that later (I havent decided final speaker placement yet).

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i re-wired the front speakers with brand new wires and the back door speakers i tapped into the speaker wires on the inside of the vehicle and then ran new wires from there. the back doors you cant run new wires from the speakers through the doors and frame of vehicle. then ran them from there to the aftermarket amp i picked up off shopzilla. Also the rca's from the amp to the aftermarket hu.

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_sle
1 Posts
How to bypass factory amp on 2006gmc envoy??

Just bought a new radio to put in an connected everything as for the harness come to find out I have a factory amp so my radio will be on but no sound at all. A ways to just bypass the factory amp at all without buying another harness???

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
26 Posts
I had an 02 with stock stereo and new speakers made a big improvement, however on my 08 w/ Bose the biggest improvement was replacing the head unit with a Pioneer. Sound now rival the Harmon-Cardon in my BMW.

Aftermarket head unit should have a harness adapter to drive the amp, mine did from Crutchfield.

So try using the Bose amp and speakers first.

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_denali
1 Posts
Replacing Bose stereo/speakers and amp with aftermarket JL Audio Components

I'm pretty sure there is someone out there that has done this... just like a few of the other Trail blazer or Envoy owners i'm trying to upgrade the audio component in my 2006 envoy denali. i have everything i need, speakers, amps, subwoofers, capacitor, and the new HU. i'm planning on running new speaker wire to the amp and run the audio from the HU through RCA's i believe this will work, if anybody wants to correct me, the feed back is greatly appreciated. my concern is basically dealing with the controls on the steering wheel and keeping your door chimes, etc. i spoke to someone at crutchfield and they said that once you replace the bose amp and radio you will loose the steering controls, on-star and your door chimes. they said that you need install the PAC RP5-GM11 on the 2006 GMC envoy to keep the steering controls and the door chimes. has anybody dealt with this. has anybody installed one of these devices and was able to bypass the bose amp to use your aftermarket amp and speakers? i'm looking for some help so i can make a clean installation and don't have to go to the local stereo shop since they want to charge $700 in labor to install my HU, aftermarket speakers, amp and subwoofer. just to inform you how bad they wanted to rip me off, they wanted to sell me some 6.5 JL C2-650x and 650 speakers for $500.00 dollars. i bought these on amazon for $300.00. any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

DM

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just replaced the HU with a JVCR910BT and I used the RP5-GM11 to maintain the steering wheel controls and onstar. For now, I kept the Bose amp and speakers. I soldered and shrink taped all of the connections, and when I was done, it worked perfectly. That was Wednesday night. Thursday morning, I turned everything on, and there was no sound. OnStar works and the chime works (the separate one). After a few minutes, sound came on and it was good for about twenty minutes till I turned the car off. After work, I came out and there was no sound. After driving for about five minutes, the sound came on and then five seconds later went off and stayed off. I called PAC tech support and did a bunch of tests and I believe that HU and the RP5 are fine. I'm assuming that the Bose Amp doesn't like this set-up for some reason. Today no sound on way to work. On way home, it came on and stayed on. Crazy. I want to bypass the Bose amp, too, but the wiring is pretty serious. I'm looking for the wiring diagram now. I know my connections are good, so I think the amp is the weak link. Unless others have had similar problems with the RP5 and would like to chime in.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well, after some serious diagnostics, it turns out the RP5 was not passing the turn on signal to the amp. There was 12 volts coming out of the HU and into the RP5, but not coming out. Crutchfield is sending a new one.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I want to run a aftermarket amp for the coaxils in the rear and componets for the front. If I rewire the speakers and send them to the amp with the rca's. Will that work and i don't have to worry about the Bose amp powering the speakers.
Did you find where factory amp is located and if so where is this factory amp in 2006 Chevy trailblazer last?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts