Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well its the end of the road for my trailblazer at 178,XXX miles.

Strong engine and transmission, everything works all electric components and seats are perfect, sun roof. The front passenger side frame is all rotted, it has separated from the transmission mount and suspension not even spots to try to weld it...

RIP the blue demond...

P.s. for sale locally for pieces

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
174 Posts
Sorry to hear of this! But it does look like that brave TB is all done. RIP.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
86 Posts
Well its the end of the road for my trailblazer at 178,XXX miles.

Strong engine and transmission, everything works all electric components and seats are perfect, sun roof. The front passenger side frame is all rotted, it has separated from the transmission mount and suspension not even spots to try to weld it...

RIP the blue demond...

P.s. for sale locally for pieces

Thata a damn shame it looks like a clean truck to.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a similar problem with my TB. Clean '04 EXT with only 91K on it... However, my frame actually looks worse than yours overall (at least you still have some of the factory black frame coating and the bolts look pretty clean too). You honestly might be able to fix this enough to keep it on the road, especially if it's not your daily. Those bolts on the crossmember that are accessible from the bottom aren't as big of a deal as the large bolts that run front to back through the crossmember. Those small bolts really just attach to that little brace which is rotting off. I see you have some holes in the frame rail also (like the underside), but those should be able to be cut out and patched by a welder. Inside your body mounts and such really just looks like rust-scale that will scrape off. If you decide to have the area near the crossmember repaired, descale and clean up that frame, then hit it with a rust inhibitor paint.

In the near future, hopefully before winter really hits here in NJ, I plan to tackle this myself on my truck along with a bunch of other work (like replacing my blown trans and replacing pretty much all the suspension parts). I should probably junk it, but I've already got so much into it and it's worth more to me to get it in operating shape for the little extra I'll put into it than the amount I'll lose by junking it or selling it for parts.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a similar problem with my TB. Clean '04 EXT with only 91K on it... However, my frame actually looks worse than yours overall (at least you still have some of the factory black frame coating and the bolts look pretty clean too). You honestly might be able to fix this enough to keep it on the road, especially if it's not your daily. Those bolts on the crossmember that are accessible from the bottom aren't as big of a deal as the large bolts that run front to back through the crossmember. Those small bolts really just attach to that little brace which is rotting off. I see you have some holes in the frame rail also (like the underside), but those should be able to be cut out and patched by a welder. Inside your body mounts and such really just looks like rust-scale that will scrape off. If you decide to have the area near the crossmember repaired, descale and clean up that frame, then hit it with a rust inhibitor paint.

In the near future, hopefully before winter really hits here in NJ, I plan to tackle this myself on my truck along with a bunch of other work (like replacing my blown trans and replacing pretty much all the suspension parts). I should probably junk it, but I've already got so much into it and it's worth more to me to get it in operating shape for the little extra I'll put into it than the amount I'll lose by junking it or selling it for parts.
Well it was my daily driver, but now is gone, sold it monday night, I'm in NJ too, and I also put so much into it, but just decided it was time, it started to feel like a money pit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts