Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Several months ago, a buzzing noise started directly related to speed. My Michelin tires were fairly old and I thought it might be a wear indicator. The buzzing sound increased over time into more of a rumble. My mechanic says its the front bearings which requires replacement of the ABS units costing about $400 per wheel. Does this sound like the problem and is the cost estimate reasonable? Thanks !!!

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
672 Posts
Several months ago, a buzzing noise started directly related to speed. My Michelin tires were fairly old and I thought it might be a wear indicator. The buzzing sound increased over time into more of a rumble. My mechanic says its the front bearings which requires replacement of the ABS units costing about $400 per wheel. Does this sound like the problem and is the cost estimate reasonable? Thanks !!!
Very unlikely that BOTH FRONT WHEEL BEARINGS go bad, at the same time.

If both assemblies are replaced, mechanic has no worries, if he did the correct side, or not. Easy way out for the mechanic, but expensive for customer.

For whatever reason, the right front (passenger side) seems to be the primary culprit, on the TrailBlazers.

On mine, (2006 4 x 4 ), the labor was 1.2 hours, based on the Mitchell 1 flat rate time guide, which converts to $84.00, based on $80.00 per flat rate hour.

Wheel bearing assembly, chosen by me, was NAPA, which was $114.89. Part # PBR 930470.

Total for one side = $198.89 plus state tax.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts