Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
non_gmt360 other
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm looking to buy a TB pretty soon to replace my '94 Grand Voyager SE ('SE' what a joke!) for work. I'd really prefer a black interior-cloth or leather doesn't matter- and was trying to determine what exterior colors came w/black interiors as standard or year models,etc. The exterior colors that I'd prefer are white, black or pewter (maybe that light green)...

I've been searching the local (Memphis, TN area) craigslist, autotrader online and wholesale lots for the last month or two and around here learning as much as possible so far and hope I can make the TB work. The Grand Voyager has a good bit more rear cargo room w/o the 3rd seat than the regular TB or even TB EXT and has a better layout for my needs but I'm tired of $1500 transmissions every 2-3 years. In fact the rear liftgate literally broke off last month which I had to rig up!

Anyway, great forum here and look forward to having something to share soon. And no, I won't post pics of the Grand Voyager. No one should have to go through that!:D

Jeremy

·
Registered
non_gmt360 other
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the welcome, and yeah, black on black would probably be my ideal (though a nightmare for work/cleaning). I'd really like to eventually get the SS look but going from small bubble looking 15" wheels on the van to 20" rims might be a shock when it comes to $$$:)

Anyway back to autotrader...

Jeremy

·
Registered
non_gmt360 other
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I went and test drove one TB SWB at the wholesale dealership this afternoon w/a friend. I also checked the glove box for the rear end spec but there was nothing in the passenger side glove box...anywhere. Just plastic.

Is there somewhere in particular you're supposed to look?

And I'm guessing this model had the 3.42 gears because it seemed pretty sluggish up to around 3-4k where it picked up. And hopefully no one gets offended because I have my heart set on a TB SWB, but just for kicks, I took an '07 Uplander van (buck tooth popeyed looking van beat w/the ugly stick!) that had the larger 3.9 240hp engine and I have no doubt it would walk the PARTICULAR model TB I drove (much to my aggravation).
Of course the TB is a few hundred lbs heavier w/only 30hp and TQ mgmt.

The van also has the cargo room I really need but can't get over the ugliness. Plus the TB handled worlds better stock than the minivan could ever hope to.

I'm hoping that with the proper mods like intake (questionable from what I've read but..) tune and exhaust upgrades, that the I-6 will really come alive.

Decisions....:undecided

Jeremy

·
Registered
non_gmt360 other
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't doubt that at all but so far I've only come across one ad in autotrader that actually mentioned an EXT having the V8...seem very rare around here (Memphis, TN) or folks just don't bother or realize (dealers) what's under the hood....

I'm seeing a lot of bad reviews on the Uplander it seems anyway.....

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
Well I went and test drove one TB SWB at the wholesale dealership this afternoon w/a friend. I also checked the glove box for the rear end spec but there was nothing in the passenger side glove box...anywhere. Just plastic.
Is there somewhere in particular you're supposed to look?

There should be a sticker right on the inside of the glove box door that tells all of the RPO codes for all the parts used to build the truck. The only reason I can think of that the sticker is missing is an accident of some kind.:m2:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts