Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Buying a GM Nav...

4K views 24 replies 10 participants last post by  cinsu 
#1 ·
I dont want a Kenwood, Pioneer ETC ETC, i want a GM Nav Deck......

If i get it, will the Nav work? Will XM work?

Thanks a lot

I have an 06, LT, 4.2, Bose Black on Black FYI, and have xm..

Thanks!!

And i want to buy one, so email me:

yo_a_rodby@yahoo.com

Please and thanks :crazy::crazy:

#9 ·
Thank for the Info, But how do we tell the difference?

Basically what i am asking is what physically distinguishes the two? Are the marked as such, or the size and shape? How do I tell which is which?

Thanks.

NtrSandmann

#11 ·
I got it now!!!

:duh: Thanks for your help and your patience!!!

I have an 06' SAAB 97x So it would have the Non Lux digital amp.

The year distinction makes it easy for all but those that have 04's

Awesome.

#13 ·
I want to add the Nav head unit...

But... I also have the rear seat DVD, and i would like to tap the speaker outputs and add a powered Infinity sub. I need a little more punch in the bottom end. NOT BOOM, I WANT PUNCH, the kind you feel more than hear. I asked in another thread what the gauge of the speaker wire is so I can get the corect taps. so far no answer... :confused:

#14 ·
I can't help ya there - maybe a little with the amp.
The wires aren't very big - I don't think they're even 14 - probably 16 or 18ga..
Not sure where you ask, but this stuff would get more answers in the 'audio and electronics' section rather than 'interior appearance'.
A lot of the people read up here too though.

And not being nitpicky, just so you don't confuse anybody, yours is the 'non lux'. The lux is 'lux digital'.

#16 ·
2006 saab

My understanding is that there are no Lux units in any GMT360 after 2003, but i haven't pulled my SAAB apart yet to check. I would love to have a Lux unit!!

#23 ·
Antenna just plugs into the back of the NAV head unit. I got a piece of velcro and velcroed the antenna to a metal dash support by the glove box. The antenna goes inside the dash when you have the origional head unit out. The antenna doesn't really care where you put it behind the dash.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.