Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the other day i noticed the space below the right tail-light to be much more than under the left tail-light.....at first i though someone must have bumped it in a parking lot or something, on the left side, i cant even fir my fingernail in the space, the right side, i can put up to my knuckle in the space..... whenever i see a trailblazer, i check the back and about 2 of 5 have the same thing..anyone know what its from and how to fix it??
first picture is the (good) left side.. sorry if the pictures are blurry-i took them on my phone.....

Attachments

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
728 Posts
probly broke a clip or two, maybe a shopping cart in the wind hit it ... who knows maybe a grandma carfully hit it ... im with jman , look under and see whats bent or fallen off or broken

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
2,037 Posts
Our drivers side is like that where the wife backed into son-in-laws fathers car, also cost us a 64.00 taillight assembly! Lesson to all--look behind you BEFORE putting truck in reverse! ha ha!

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
probly broke a clip or two, maybe a shopping cart in the wind hit it ... who knows maybe a grandma carfully hit it ... im with jman , look under and see whats bent or fallen off or broken
i tried pushing the bumper up to see if it was loose, and it wont push up-its solid....not a big deal hopefully

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
201 Posts
IIRC from when I had to take the bumper off of my 06LT (bumper without the step but I assume its the same) to pop the dent out after someone (not going to say names to save me head aches) backed into a Beamer.

1) there were the screws that held it along the top, by the tailgate

2) Screws/ plastic pins along the splash shield in the wheel wells

3) push rivets along the bottom by the hitch

4) funny "C" clips that were molded into the bumper cover that clipped into a channel under the tail light along the side

I bet #4 might be your problem

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
260 Posts
try losening ur screws under the lift gate and my the wheel and puushing up on the bumper and if it moves up a bit just keep pushing up on the bumper with ur nee or somthing els and re tighten the screws under the lift gate.. thats what i did after taking the bumper off and puting it back on and it lined right back up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.