Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace my front bumper cover. Drug it off on a pipe railing and broke the mounts.
Any suggestions for parts in Texas?
2005, LS

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
275 Posts
ebay is what I am thinking. I look a while back and they had a few cause i was in a hit and run at walmart, and found my bumper to be sitting on the ground, and ebay had a few. as for prices i would check but i cant get on ebay where I am at right now. lol sorry man. just lift you TB and go naked in the front. Thats what I am doing

·
Registered
2007 chevy
2 Posts
frnt bumper cover 2007 trailblazer

My brother-in-law borrowed my car and now i have to replace the front bumper cover and driver wheel well ( not sure if its even called that--as i can't find a part to replace it). Both parts snapped in neg 4 degree weather when he hit a snow drift. my question : are non GM parts that different from GM parts? and i tried to look online for a replacement for the cover and there are a zillion to pick from--how to find out which one i need?:crazy:

·
Registered
2005 buick rainier
33 Posts
body part source

See if there is a Keystone Automotive Industries Inc location around. They sell body parts and body supplies to 80% of all body shops in the US of A, including dealerships and junk yards, they should have both aftermarket new and remanufactured OEM, get a CAPA certified part if you can for best fit. Not all aftermarket are the same. There is a company around here called Certafit but most people call them Sort-a-fit.
Have a body shop prep and paint it if you want it to look good.

·
Registered
2005 buick rainier
33 Posts
OEM fitment

Since it is assumed OEM parts fit best, there is NO certification process for OEM (except for internal standards). Aftermarket parts are assumed to be inferior so they have extreme testing to gain certification. CAPA certified parts fit very well and I have seen many times were OEM parts fail to meet CAPA standards even though it is a factory/dealer supplied part. I was General Manager for a Keystone location for 4 years and although I didn't leave on the best terms, they have good stuff. I think they may have been bought out by LKQ or merged recently, not sure.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_sle
6 Posts
I feel you on the bumper. Im in the process of looking for one. There are lots of different oem and aftermarket bumpers out there. Usually just get the one for your year voy and it fits. Im currently trying to find a denali bumper or a chrome bumper to put on my slt. Ebay has lots of options for some pretty good prices....:yes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts