Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
hehe. Approach angle usually isn't a concern in a state whose max terrain doesn't reach 350 feet above sea level. :dielaugh:

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,203 Posts
You can actually get an identical bar from Hunter's eBay store for possibly less money than that. I was given the Hunter unit this past Christmas by the Mrs, nicely made and bolts right up. (Minor trimming of the black plastic trim piece that clips into the bumper, if you choose not to remove it....I kept it to help aero on the highway and chose to grind slits for the brackets to pass through). The brackets do mount below the bumper and not through it, so you loose maybe an inch of clearance underneath. You can also adjust how far in front of the bumper the unit sticks out, but will extend the bumper/clearance point by about 3.5 inches. I wanted something to protect the front bumper, since I already had a beefy step hitch style unit in the back. - Clearance is till better than stock with Mark's lift kit intalled, so I'm happy and it looks good.

Update: Here's a link to the stainless unit, they do have black, but don't have one posted at the moment: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/02-0...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories (The unit they sell is by Hunter and even saids Hunter on the box).

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Terrain

I think the largest hill I drove over is those small concrete road deviders here in Cape Coral Fl. Oh wait.. I think a bridge over a canal is slightly higher lol

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
55 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
256 Posts
I have 1 similar to those without the extra plate. Mine mounts to a bracket and does not cut through bumper

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bull bar

I have been wanting to do a few things to my Envoy, just lack of funds with a 7 month old puts things on hold for a while. I have some extra funds coming so First I'll start with a lift from Mark. Second will be the Bull Bar, so the spacers will make up for the clearance I loose. Right now I am actually doing the Rear end Coil Spring Conversion. I should have my Springs tomorrow, Ups says delivery is on time. I also decided to change out the Shocks, the Drivers side is leaking anyways, Going with Bilstien Hd's.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I have been wanting to do a few things to my Envoy, just lack of funds with a 7 month old puts things on hold for a while. I have some extra funds coming so First I'll start with a lift from Mark. Second will be the Bull Bar, so the spacers will make up for the clearance I loose. Right now I am actually doing the Rear end Coil Spring Conversion. I should have my Springs tomorrow, Ups says delivery is on time. I also decided to change out the Shocks, the Drivers side is leaking anyways, Going with Bilstien Hd's.
yeah i just got my Z71 springs in the other day. Paid $56 shipped

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah. It would be nice if I had the patients and seeing as how I am on Vacation and stuck in the house.. I wanted them now lol. So yeah I paid much more. To Much More!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Just do ALOT of shopping around. Thats what I do to find parts i want....I had about 10 different sites open looking at shock prices to find best deal including shipping lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts