Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
2,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I took some time off from work and have had a chance to get some work done on the truck.

First up are the Hella 4000s. I opted for cornering beams because they produce an extremely wide beam. Perfect for trail driving and camp lighting.

I still have not wired in the switch. I ran out of switch locations, so I am making a custom panel for them all. That's still in development, so no pictures of that yet.

The laptop mount is pretty standard, but I really love it. It is rock solid, as everything made by Ram-Mount seems to be.

Lastly, I spent some time making a rear cargo drawer. Loosely following the Roadie's design (http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=13550) I built up something similar:

I've also spent a lot of time organizing my equipment into rugged (dewalt) carrying cases. I'll make a thread about all my equipment and cases at another time. The drawer comes fully out of the enclosure and is removable. The drawer can probably hold about 200 lbs, but I won't stress it that much. I currently have approx 80 lbs in there.

I couldn't justify losing any storage space, so I retained the use of the under-bed storage by having a flap attached to the drawer enclosure.

Also visible in the below picture is one of the retaining pins. The pins hold the drawer in and also out (in case I park facing downhill). The top of the box also has tie down positions for securing cargo on top.

The forepart of the box has a cavity built in. This could be used as extra storage, but I have some bigger plans. More information on that later.

I'd love to hear your feedback and thoughts.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
728 Posts
what only comes to mind james is wow, great job:hail::thumbsup:, making me jealous, i cant afford to loose any storage space in the back of my TB , although the idea of havin it removeable is a effing great idea, also that flap and the fore compartment also very great idea's, the lights look awsome as well, must post a pic of them lit up though ...(when you get em wired up)im gonna do mine all at once cause if i mounted my lights and didnt wire them i dont think id ever wire them for a long time lol... and browsing trailvoy.com while driving, maybe not a great idea, this thread woulda kept my eyes of the road LOL

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Yep - you pegged my admiration-o-meter. Love the details like the corner reinforcements, angled inner drawer sides, and access to the tub. Congrats!

·
Registered
458 Posts
looks great, way better than the simplistic unit i built.

Oh btw, anyone in IL that wants a storage solution that is cheap and easy to use, PM Me i have mine and have no use for it now that the TB is totaled.

·
Registered
458 Posts
btw james, the ram mount is very nice. I had one in my dakota.

I am waiting for the tough tray II to come out, since i have a Acer One now. Ill be mounting it with the flex mount (since the laptop only weighs 2 lbs.)

But you will be very happy with it, I drove through jobsites all day and it didn't rock around much at all.

Id suggest getting the screen stabilizer they sell though, my screen was super floppy after driving offroad all the time

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
261 Posts
Badass dude. I only wish my brain worked as well as yours.:bonk:. the flap idea is awesome. I also love the lights they look great. As a matter of a fact the whole setup is great.

good job.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
6,568 Posts
james.. as always looks great.. but how much do u guys pay for the wireless laptop internet card and monthly charge?

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
2,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
james.. as always looks great.. but how much do u guys pay for the wireless laptop internet card and monthly charge?
I don't have an internet card for the laptop. I use it for navigation off road. The trailvoy page was just for show since I was near my router.

I have looked into tethering my phone to my laptop. Plans were something like 30 a month. Not worth it for me.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,121 Posts
James-
How do you use the laptop for GPS seeing that you're not 'connected' wirelessly? Do you have some sort of GPS software or something?

Also, how about snapping a few pics of that Ram Mount with the laptop in place when you get a chance.. I'd like to see that a little closer up... might be interested in one myself... :)

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
4,009 Posts
James -

As always, WELL DONE! :yes:

This is a really quality job. I like all the little details you though of, much like Roadie mentioned.

Can you still have a passenger with that Ram mount in there?

Again, very nice work! Those Hellas should light up the night!

Chris

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_sle
12 Posts
really clean i like the set up, where did you get the front light bar, does it come with the lights? it looks like it fits the envoy too.

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_sle
39 Posts
nice set up. i will be looking into some modifications like this in the near future. i may do the roof lights when i get home from this job. and i still have paper tags:duh:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts