Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2002 non_gmt360 other
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the dealer on Friday to get a case learn done. They are a Cadillac GMC and Buick dealer. The woman in the drive-thru service department asked what it was and I told her it was a Rainier. She had never seen one before. Go figure a person working at a buick dealer had never seen a Rainier before.

I kinda like that cause that just means they are more of a special vehicle, haha. One nice thing is they only charged me 50$ for my case learn as opposed to the standard 1 hour minimum charge.

·
Registered
2002 non_gmt360 other
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I figured a Buick dealer would have seen one before.

One thing I seen yesterday and was a bit upset about was another Rainier same color as mine but had the nice V8 badge on it. I wish I had it, the engine, not the badge, lol.

·
Southeast Chapter
2004 buick rainier
5,864 Posts
I figured a Buick dealer would have seen one before.

One thing I seen yesterday and was a bit upset about was another Rainier same color as mine but had the nice V8 badge on it. I wish I had it, the engine, not the badge, lol.
haha yeah i actually wish they made the 4.2 L badge that is on the 9-7x in the Rainier script; i would not mide finding somewhere to put that

·
Registered
2002 olds bravada
2,369 Posts
BRAVADA is jumping IN!

thats one thing i like about the "other gmt 360's" you usually don't see a lot of them. especially the bravada's. you never see them anywhere!

·
Registered
458 Posts
the only down side to the other 360's is they are all AWD not 4x4 right? cause i think it be awesome to see a lifted sabb or buick/olds

·
Southeast Chapter
2004 buick rainier
5,864 Posts
the only down side to the other 360's is they are all AWD not 4x4 right? cause i think it be awesome to see a lifted sabb or buick/olds
yeah all us others are either 2wd or AWD and have the autoleveling air-ride suspension like on the SS in the back. I also have the G80 with the 3.73 gears. and i don't off-road but i do tow some heavy loads and those gears are great for towing and that G80 has really helped with traction on some wet ramps:yes:

·
Registered
2002 non_gmt360 other
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I love the self-leveling suspension. I do have AWD and the 3.73 gears but not G80.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
239 Posts
I personally like the Ranier but is it me or does it sit a lot lower to the ground than my Envoy. I noticed this because I park next to one at work and from the back my Envoy looks a few inches higher. Is it the springs?

·
Registered
2002 non_gmt360 other
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm wondering if it might be the rear air suspension on the Rainier. I know every time I start it up, I hear the compressor and it brings it back up an inch or so. But there is a possibility it sits lower also.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
3,420 Posts

·
Southeast Chapter
2004 buick rainier
5,864 Posts

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
239 Posts
Thanks Sammy. I knew it wasn't an optical illusion, It must be the load leveling option(my Envoy SLT has every option except load leveling.) The Saab seems to be even lower than all the 360's.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts