Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was just reading through that a regular brush guard will not fit the 06 and up trailblazer LT correctly? can someone shine some light on this please and tell me what the difference is? i saw something about mounting is different is that correct? i dont plan on running the light guards anyway if that does matter, i just wanted to run the center grille guard. anyway please help me out here. thanks

·
Registered
2009 chevy trailblazer_lt
40 Posts
cant find the propper fit brush guard

i have an 09 trailblazer lt and i am trying to find a brush guard for it as well, no place i look even has any items for the 09, most websites only have them for 07 or lower. is there any possible way i can find a brush guard for this car thats actualli made for it!!

·
Registered
804 Posts
The one I have on my 03 is a polar bear. They seem to fit the shape of the front better than the hunters do.

Blazin, I have considered getting rid my guard... Youre close enough we could arrange something... Or any of the lancaster guys for that matter.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
my front has the different grille and lights so i wasn't sure if it would fit correctly or not. i did just pick one up however. i picked up a manik brush guard and westin nerf bars.
but i am going to try and mount the brush guard a little later today. i may have to make different brackets for the top where it bolts by the grille from what i have searched and found. but will find out. also if anyone wants a cheap set of nerf bars i will gladly sell them very cheap lol. i dont want them they just came with the brush guard.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lol i dunno 20 bucks? seriously i dont want much at all. they need cleaned up some. i didnt even take them out of my truck yet they are still laying in the back.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
yea the guy gave me all mounting stuff
also for those who may have the different front end like myself. i will post up my findings and what i had to do if anything to make a regular brush guard work. since i did see that it would be different.

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
98 Posts
yea the guy gave me all mounting stuff
also for those who may have the different front end like myself. i will post up my findings and what i had to do if anything to make a regular brush guard work. since i did see that it would be different.
I've been looking into this also for an 08, and interested in the results you get from manik.

I'm going to order a 02-05 wagg and try to fab it to fit. If it wont go, will probably go with a custom bumper of some sort.

I could use the nerf bars, if you have no takers :thumbsup:

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i got the manik brush guard today and it bolt up great although i did run into the two top mounts not being able to work. but with just the lower ones bolted in, i have no problems. It is still very sturdy though and seems to be fine. i may try to make brackets that will tuck under the grille to the mounting screws later on if i feel its not sturdy enough. but so far its holding up. will check the sturdyness down the road when i get a chance to shake it around off road lol

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thought about it but i plan on mounting some more lights there. but i will see what happens and see what i can come up with if i really need to then.
here are quick shots of it on right now. keep in mind it is the newer lt front end.
before!

with brush guard!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i was just looking at your pictures in your front end thread. looks good but i think your front end is more flat then mine with the different style. if you look at my first picture my grille drops down with the bumper making it a pain to brackets. i have to go under the grill then bend up and over to the screws. can't run them straight or very flat. but yours does look good

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
434 Posts
You can't see in the pics, but to go under the brush guard I bent a "V" shape in the bracket so it looks straight. I impressed myself that I was able to make them identical using a propane torch and vice grips.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i see what you mean. i ment to go under the grill though. id have to do a "V" like you said under the guard but then have to do i dunno maybe a retarded "Z" to get under the grill then back up to the the screws behind the grill.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts