Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 03 envoy and have been having problems finding decent sites for accessories most i find lump the envoy in with trucks. I prefer being able to find vehicle specific parts. Anyone have a good expierece buying a brush guard, third brake lights and accessories and what site did you get them from? thanks

·
Banned
1,354 Posts
I have a 03 envoy and have been having problems finding decent sites for accessories most i find lump the envoy in with trucks. I prefer being able to find vehicle specific parts. Anyone have a good expierece buying a brush guard, third brake lights and accessories and what site did you get them from? thanks
3rd Brake light is the same size as the Avalanche as long as you can splice a few wires, that will work for you

·
Banned
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
698 Posts
Your brushguard should be the same as mine, which came from ebay.

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
My old Hunter brushguard from ebay was junk. Vibrated and rusted within 3 months.

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
230 Posts
I have a Westin Chrome Brushguard That I bought from another member. He had it for a few years and I have had it for over 1 year. No Problems with it it NO RUST. No SHAKES. it mounts in 4 places. I get lots of comments on how good it looks. Just last week I came back to my car and a guy was looking at it and commented on how well it was built. But Westin isnt one of the cheap ebay ones Its on ebay for 700-800.. On a side note it does lower the front of my truck by over a half of an inch

·
Banned
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
698 Posts
My old Hunter brushguard from ebay was junk. Vibrated and rusted within 3 months.
Don't remember if mine is a hunter or not, but it was cheap. Saved me 2 deductibles so far. That last deer did bend it though.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
4,009 Posts
Huh. I like my Hunter. It vibrates a little bit, but has actually gotten alot better (or I just got used to it). No rust on mine and I've had it 4 years. Was yours chrome?

Chris

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
Huh. I like my Hunter. It vibrates a little bit, but has actually gotten alot better (or I just got used to it). No rust on mine and I've had it 4 years. Was yours chrome?

Chris
Not chrome. I still think the chinese hunter stuff is junk

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
4,009 Posts
Not chrome. I still think the chinese hunter stuff is junk
I can understand that. When I bought mine, I was under the impression it was NOT Chinese. I try my darndest to NOT buy from China. I should have known from the price, that way my fault.

For your truck, you (I am assuming here) bought for function. In that respect, yes, it is an inferior product, and I will readily admit that :)

For the look, it is ok for the price, but as I always maintained with this brush guard, you get what you pay for. It is NOT a Westin, it is NOT Go Rhino, etc.

But at less than half the price (when I got mine anyway) it works for what I want to do with it, look decent. It saved my front end 3 times now, 2 deer and a flying truck tire, so to me has more than paid for itself.

But if you're trailing, off-roading, and using it AS a brush guard, the Hunter is NOT the product you want :no:.

Chris

1 - 10 of 10 Posts