Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_slt_xl
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all ~ I did the unthinkable ... while changing the plugs on the 4.2L engine on my 06 Envoy, the #2 plug broke in half with the threads remaining in the engine. I'm not a mechanic by trade so changing oil and plugs are the only thing that I would even attempt on my own. This is the first time that I've run into an issue such as this in the past 20 years and 3 vehicles. Would one of the experts in this forum reply back with thoughts on all of the possibilities of issues as well as suggestions of how I can resolve them ... and ultimately what I'm facing as far as costs are concerned? ~ Thanks in advance for any feedback on this.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
165 Posts
how the heck did you break the metal part on a spark plug?. were you changing them hot?.it is going to have tap and dyed out..possibly getting metal shaving into the vlave area..let a pro do it..

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle_xl
488 Posts
The hardest part of this job is getting the head off, there is a BIT that you can buy at autozone to back the threads out, once the head is off use a screwdriver to knock the center of the plug out then use this bit to back the threaded part out, it wont even need to be retapped or anything, just did this on an explorer 4 litre last summer on plug 6 pass side head

1 - 3 of 3 Posts