Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2002 tb lt

so any who... had my stereo and subs installed the beginning of the week. next day i opened my back driver side door to get something and i noticed the seatbelt along with the torx screw or whatever its called just dangling....didnt think much about it..so went back to the stereo place and asked them to hook it back up since it was missed the day before.. moving

turns out the thing now doesnt work? it would suck the seat belt in but wouldnt release it.

so the guy that runs the shop took it completely out of the vehicle and tore it down. and he could not figure out what was going on with it..so he took the end back off and pulled some of the belt out and then hooked it back up and put my panels back on. then told me he would look around for a used one to replace it since it worked before they touched it. so i had to go to the stealership any how to pick up a couple things and got it priced there... $100 just for one seatbelt.... [email protected]#[email protected]#$.. i cant afford that..

so any how..still waiting to hear back from the stereo shop. but i am also going to call around the local area to see what i can come up with for a used one. but any one have an idea on how to fix this? did see some recalls ..but that i believe was for the front seatbelts.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
113 Posts
seriously, the place should replace it. It's a safety issue and should be replaced with expedience. I'd tell them you need it done in the next couple days and it costs this much to get a new one from the dealer. It sounds like they want to do the right thing so push the issue a bit. Be polite, but also stress that you worry about the safety aspect.

Shouldn't be a problem.

·
Banned
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hhmm ok .... wow..obviously i dont have 400 since i just spent it..getting the stuff installed.. im on disability so takes me forever to save anything and the belt was working tell they got a hold of it. so unless you are going to share since your rich or some real advice or something.. harass some one else please.

·
Banned
1,354 Posts
hhmm ok .... wow..obviously i dont have 400 since i just spent it..getting the stuff installed.. im on disability so takes me forever to save anything and the belt was working tell they got a hold of it. so unless you are going to share since your rich or some real advice or something.. harass some one else please.

What they are saying is you HAD 400 to get your system installed, but you have no "savings" to take care of emergency. That being said, it's 100% the shops responsibilty to fix your seat belt. You should drop the car back off to them, and have them buy the part, fix the part or what ever else it takes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.