Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dont ask how it happened, because i have no idea. I just know i was driving and i heard the nut and half bolt rolling around in my wheel cap. Took the cap off and found a bolt that was broken with the nut still attached to it, and about 2 other loose bolts... I dont know if someone pulled a prank on me or what, but now i need to get it fixed and my main question is, should i just buy a entire new hub? or is there s stud i can put in it to fix it?

Ebay has hubs for about 64$
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310154338856&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_2117wt_1024

that auction has ended but he sells alot of them.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
I have a can of them I removed from my old broken axle assy, but they're at home and I won't be for a week. Assume you can't wait that long for me to get home and ship some. They come out with a bang or two from a BFH. And torquing the lug nut properly will seat the new one.

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a can of them I removed from my old broken axle assy, but they're at home and I won't be for a week. Assume you can't wait that long for me to get home and ship some. They come out with a bang or two from a BFH. And torquing the lug nut properly will seat the new one.
thats ok roadie, i bought a new slug and nut from napa auto for about $4.90. i didnt have a ton of time to get in on, so its not all the way in yet, but later tonight after my class i will be getting it in more. It was a lot easier then i thought. Just had to take off the brake rotors and knock it out for any future reference.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,733 Posts
:duh:I know it's probably critical or it wouldn't have six, but one broke on my Silverado about two years ago and I still haven't gotten around to replacing it yet!:bonk:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.