Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched the forums and couldn't find anything about this problem, but I know others must have had it. The console lid latches into a hole in the main console. With use/abuse, the plastic has cracked, and the lid won't stay down. I super-glued the piece back in place and have treated it very carefully, but it broke again. What it needs is a metal piece that screws into the bin attachment screws. That wouldn't break. I can visualize what it needs, but I couldn't make it. At least if they'd made the hole in the replaceable bin, that could be replaced, but the only way to replace this is with the a complete console--engineering by idiot! Anyone have an permanent solution that they've used?

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_slt_xl
133 Posts
On my wifes Envoy it is the little point/pin that goes into the hole in the console that was broken off. I glued it on with a number of different things but it kept getting broken off and she has since lost it. I used a piece of foam backing rod between the latch handle and the console lid. It keeps enough pressure on the latch that it doesnt open on its own. You can't notice it unless you know it is there and the latch still works like before.
This is the foam I used.

It is a backer rod for caulking.
Other people on this site have cut the spring on the lid so the console doesnt open on its own and that is probably the route I will go my current method stops working as the latch wears.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had 06 Trailblazer EXT LS and rear ended someone couldn't see her turn single in rear was tented... Since notice console sprung not giving tight where vent for rear and back of our and same issue with latch tried using strong magnet helped for while now have lost strength and coming open someone said that you could use help to help where mounted to floor to stay in place thinking using 10 lb velco so want move.. And try to find latch and get small for and foam you're to help keep it in place..m You would think that GM would wise up a little especially with high prices these vehicle are sold .. That they would put stronger and better parts especially where if in a crash you could get hurt if our flew off or stuff flew out and had weight and sharp edges someone could really get hurt...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts