Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those who have it, where did you get it? Have done a search on here as well as google and can't seem to come up with anything. I did notice the some the vendors who offered it before aren't here any longer. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
3,250 Posts
GMPartsDirect.com

'07 Arm Part #15232653

List $ - 55.80 Their $ - 29.03

Not sure of part # for cap that goes w/ it.

You don't need the new "ramp"....it works fine w/ the original one.

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
GMPartsDirect.com

'07 Arm Part #15232653

List $ - 55.80 Their $ - 29.03

Not sure of part # for cap that goes w/ it.

You don't need the new "ramp"....it works fine w/ the original one.

true but it fits like a glove with the new ramp.. using the old ramp does work but it doesnt sit snug on it

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
303 Posts
I have the new ramp but have not installed it yet. Visually it looks the same. So your saying it will fit better in a certain area with the new one?

·
Western Canada Chapter
6,411 Posts
I was going to leave the old ramp. But the new one was new. I like new stuff and being somewhat obsessive it had to be put on :weird::bonk:

The one thing I like about the new wiper is that it actually works better than the old style!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
963 Posts
:iagree: Works much better than the old style, looks much better as well. To put the new ramp on you must pop off the rear gate panel to get to the screws holding the old ramp on. Be sure to remove the plastic plug on the top of the panel were the glass latches and remove the retaining screw first. Fought with it for 10 minutes before I realized that screw had to come out first. :bonk:

Worth the effort though, good luck!

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
721 Posts
Just spoke with Parts 4 Chevys about their item # "TBWIPER".

http://www.parts4chevys.com/partlocator/index.cfm?action=AccessoryCatalog&catalogid=5923&siteid=213920&categoryID=126966

This is the kit they have assembled to allow you to convert to the new style (07 and up) rear wiper arm assembly. One thing the website did not say is what is included in the kit. The assured me that it contains all four pieces:

Cap
Arm
Blade
Ramp

At $70, this is only $8.01 more than the first three components if ordered individually:

Wiper Arm 15232653 $26.90
Wiper Blade 15232655 $15.63
Wiper arm cap 15262789 $19.46

I checked at my GMC dealer this morning, and their price for the blade alone for me is something like $24.60. The parts counterman did say that the 06 and earlier blade is metal, while the 07-newer is plastic. He had an 07 in stock, but no 06 blade.

So, because I gather from some of you that the new design has better functionality, I'm going to spend $70 plus shipping rather than $24.60 plus tax. I'll do a very small part to help GM, and a very small part to help the economy.:crazy:

The other thing I learned in my phone call is that there is no difference in price when you order by phone or by website, but that if you order by phone you don't get the tracking number like you do with a website order. I'm ordering online.

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
I got the arm at the local dealership......6 months later I was replacing the blade and I broke the clip that holds in the wiper blade........I ended up taking it off and putting my old arm back......with the guys with the 07 style wiper arm....is the wiper arm have to be bought at the dealership?? I tried putting a new wiper blade I bought at a partsource(autozone) and ripped off the adapter to install the wiper blade...................

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
I got the arm at the local dealership......6 months later I was replacing the blade and I broke the clip that holds in the wiper blade........I ended up taking it off and putting my old arm back......with the guys with the 07 style wiper arm....is the wiper arm have to be bought at the dealership?? I tried putting a new wiper blade I bought at a partsource(autozone) and ripped off the adapter to install the wiper blade...................

the 07 wiper blade has to be ordered from GM since its designed for the 360.. not a universal one like the older models

1 - 18 of 18 Posts