Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Without getting HID conversion. I remember seeing something somewhere about a bulb that had prisms on it or something. You had to trim a piece of plastic off to get it to fit. I can't remember the name of those bulbs. Other than those...what are the brightest bulbs I can get?

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
388 Posts
just get HIDs dewd, for the price of two sets of silverstars you can get a set of HIDs that last 8 thousand hours of runtime

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
3bspec.com. They're a vendor here. Many people here use them, myself included. Coupon code trailvoy08. (Should still work) I think they're about $110-115, UPS 2 day shipping included.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
497 Posts
3bspec.com. They're a vendor here. Many people here use them, myself included. Coupon code trailvoy08. (Should still work) I think they're about $110-115, UPS 2 day shipping included.
Thank you, that is good to know. They seem to have a drop-in replacement for our low-beams for $140. Do I really just need to unplug my stock bulbs, drop in theirs, plug the factory plug into the ballast, and give the ballast a good 12V source?

No headlamp modifications to the housing, or anything?

This is VERY tempting.

Do you have any pics of a TB I can see with this?

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Thank you, that is good to know. They seem to have a drop-in replacement for our low-beams for $140. Do I really just need to unplug my stock bulbs, drop in theirs, plug the factory plug into the ballast, and give the ballast a good 12V source?

No headlamp modifications to the housing, or anything?

This is VERY tempting.

Do you have any pics of a TB I can see with this?
For the most part, it's plug & play... You need a DRL-killer, or a resistor to deal with the DRL voltage...

There's an article on how to install the HID's:
http://forums.trailvoy.com/articles.php?do=viewarticle&artid=104

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
497 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well I got the Silverstar Ultra's...I had the G1 Silverstars and that is which one blew...Gonna do all four bulbs at the same time...looking into HID's...I went to 3B Specialties, but I don't know about the wattage and stuff to order a set

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
346 Posts
I got my set for $110 shipped through Jetttstream. Excellent kit (I got 5000k) so far! Had them for about 5 months w/out an issue. Also, EXCELLENT customer services from them.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.