Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Have replaced all four rotors and pads on my 04' 4x4 trailblazer @90k mi, in an attempt to eliminate a vibration that only occurs under braking.

The vibration is exactly what I have experienced in other vehicles with warped rotors, however after replacing them the problem persists, under certain conditions.

Under Light braking and Heavy braking the vibration is very minimal to nonexistent.

It is especially noticeable under longer braking say slowing down from 70 - 40 without ever coming to a stop on the interstate, but it does on occasion persist all the way to a dead stop.

There is no indication (sound) that the abs is involved.

There is no brake pedal vibration, and very light steering wheel vibration, more of a pulsing feeling from the seat than anything, exactly as I would describe with warped rotors, but apparently that is not the whole problem?

I would love any experienced or input you have on the subject.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Brake Pulsing

I have the exact same problem on the same vehicle. I have replaced rotors, pads, bled them all and problem persists. We need some advice.

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_sle
1,614 Posts
try having your wheels balanced? might be the tires also

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Loose ball joints or control arm (upper or lower) bushings would also allow fore/aft movement.

At 90K, have you ever replaced any suspension components?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have replaced shocks and upper shock mount bushings, but no other suspension parts. From reading other threads it sounds like replacing the front wheel bearings/hub with integral ABS speed sensors may fix the problem.

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
That is what I am experiencing as well......I assumed that my passenger side wheel hub was going as the sound was familiar with the drivers side that I had replaced around April.....and the funny thing was.....I was wrong.....:bonk:...do I feel stupid..reading other threads its looking like my fan clutch is going...the good thing is I got a new wheel hub...but now I am having these problems...

1. ABS light randomly going on and off during acceleration(dirty abs sensor? Mechanic didn't put on the new one and used the original plug for the sensor)
2. Like you said with braking...a buzzing sound..sounds like a vibrator....lol...last about 3-4 seconds when braking down to about 30km/hr

Its starting to annoy me....and to top it off the guy that put the wheel hub on put the backplate to close to the rotor causing it to grind now...maybe I should just get him to put back the original hub and see....all these issues besides the fan clutch was not happening til I brought it to their shop.....any ideas???

·
Registered
2009 chevy
6,431 Posts
1. ABS light randomly going on and off during acceleration(dirty abs sensor? Mechanic didn't put on the new one and used the original plug for the sensor)
Possibility, that the teeth on the reluctor rings are not the same size.

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
Possibility, that the teeth on the reluctor rings are not the same size.

is that possible...I bought an aftermarket wheel hub from a place out in Ontario...a company called prime choice parts...out in Stittsville...is that why they say when doing the hubs is to replace them in pairs?? I do remember the mechanic saying something about the teeth on the new wheel hub....

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
since he's taking it apart again....I'm gonna ask him to reinstall the old one....and I will go from there...thanks RayVoy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts