Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
You can...? But you don't have to... I don't like fixing it if it ain't broke. If you don't know how to tell, then I'd seek professional evaluation. Or at least find a friend who knows something about cars and stuff...

·
Premium Member
'05 Chevy TB EXT
5,138 Posts
We usually do an axle --- in that we do both front or both rear brakes at the same time to make them operate in a balanced way so they don't pull and cause linear stability problems (accidental lane changes or running off the road or into a busload of nuns coming back from a wine-tasting day out from the nunnery).

·
Registered
146 Posts
We usually do an axle --- in that we do both front or both rear brakes at the same time to make them operate in a balanced way so they don't pull and cause linear stability problems (accidental lane changes or running off the road or into a busload of nuns coming back from a wine-tasting day out from the nunnery).
Sure, but if you use brakes at all, then you're doing it wrong. When the green light or flag drops you hit the gas. Don't let off until you win the race or crash. Even if it's into a busload of drunken nuns.

Oh, wait...this isn't about racing? Ok, so maybe brake safety is relevant. In that case, anyone who asks this question needs to find a way to pay a mechanic. Or find a friend who who really knows things.

·
Premium Member
2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LTZ 4.2L
303 Posts
I usually toss an anchor or deploy the parachute when I want to stop.

To answer OP's question, I do fronts and rears at the same time. I have them warranted at AutoZone, so it doesn't cost me anything other than some time and beer.

·
Premium Member
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
3,001 Posts
I too use the Autozone Duralast Gold or better pads from Autozone due to their generous warranty. I had Wagner ThermoQuiets on two different vehicles that wore out prematurely (no caliper problems and I do not ride the brake), so I went with the Autozone pads and they have worn like iron, and they stop the vehicles really well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts