Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if anyone has experienced this yet but I was coming to the end of the expressway (m59/hall rd.) and slowing down at a light I came to a complete stop at the light and when the light turned green I pushed on the gas and car would not move very much I continued to push more on the gas and the car finally started to move! I then started to smell something burning... I got off as soon as I could and when I went to push the brakes it was stuck and wouldn't move!... It seems the brakes locked up I turned off the car and turned it back on and everything was back to normal even had on star run a diagnostics report nothing...

I am taking it into the dealer soon.. Anyone else have this problem?

I have almost 18,000 miles on my TBSS and it has a Vector Tune.

Thanks,
Matt

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had this very same thing happen to my 2006 ss in jan 07 with 1400 miles. Had it the dealer on several occasions and they could not duplicate the problem. They bled brakes and lots of reprograming and has not happened since. They blamed it on air in the right rear caliper.
This was before i installed my vector tune. Good Luck, Glenn

·
Registered
2006 chevy
849 Posts
I had this very same thing happen to my 2006 ss in jan 07 with 1400 miles. Had it the dealer on several occasions and they could not duplicate the problem. They bled brakes and lots of reprograming and has not happened since. They blamed it on air in the right rear caliper.
This was before i installed my vector tune. Good Luck, Glenn

Sounds like they blamed it on a fictional issue.... Air in the brake lines won't cause brakes to lock-engaged. Air in brake-lines cause a spongy pedal and decreased braking performance.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have also had this happen to my truck. I have over 20,000 miles and it has happened once.

I was slowing down to turn a corner and when I went to give it gas it kept slowing down. It took a lot of throttle to make the truck move.
I shut the truck off and re-started and everything was OK.

I believe the problem is a glitch in the anti-lock braking system. This is the only thing I can think of that has the power to over ride the braking system and automaticly apply the brakes.

There were no codes on any of the modules & my dealer friends had no clue.

Kirk

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
814 Posts
either that or your TB's are possessed...:ugh: ... what about your proportioning valve, couldn't that have also caused the lock up of the brakes... not allowing the system to bleed to relieve the pressure... ? ... I am just throwing that idea out there..

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_3ss
208 Posts
Remember when the antilock brakes came out in about 1992? You would hit the paint strip stopping hard, set off the system, and stop in the middle of the intersection instead of just past the paint strip...

The newfangled "electronic stability control" may be the cause. Just like the new antilock systems were buggy when they came out.

The brake system may be weird. I have had slowly rolling traffic cause me to release and quickly reapply the brakes without letting the pedal come all the way to the top. Doing this several times caused the pedal to sink almost to the floor. Fully releasing the pedal and then applying the brakes did bring it back up.

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
10 Posts
Brakes lock

I have had the same thing happen to my 2007 TB. It is getting more frequent. At times If I barely touch the brake pedal the car will stop abruptly. It also even slows down going dowm hill with out me even touching the brake pedsal. I have brought it to the dealership 3 times so far and the first time they said the roatra were warped and cut them. The second and third time they told me that there is nothing wrong. I dont even think they put it on the loft and looked. I had an excessive amount of brake dust on my rims and it was still there when I picked up the car. Not even finger smudges from taking the tire off. I think I am be hosed here. Think I am going to try out the lemon law,

Well If anyone has found the problem and a way to fix it I would love to hear it.

THanks

·
Registered
2008 saab
8 Posts
I had the same thing happen in my 99 blazer. The only difference was that it would only happen after the ABS had been activated. I replaced the ABS unit and it didn't happen anymore.

·
Registered
2006 chevy
849 Posts
I have had the same thing happen to my 2007 TB. It is getting more frequent. At times If I barely touch the brake pedal the car will stop abruptly. It also even slows down going dowm hill with out me even touching the brake pedsal. I have brought it to the dealership 3 times so far and the first time they said the roatra were warped and cut them. The second and third time they told me that there is nothing wrong. I dont even think they put it on the loft and looked. I had an excessive amount of brake dust on my rims and it was still there when I picked up the car. Not even finger smudges from taking the tire off. I think I am be hosed here. Think I am going to try out the lemon law,

Well If anyone has found the problem and a way to fix it I would love to hear it.

THanks
I'd suggest a different dealer, then. Take it to their service manager, explain what your symptoms are & also what you just stated above about the previous dealer....

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
5 Posts
Brakes stuck when driving on the express way!

This just happened to me this morning. I taped the breaks and they stayed on after I released my foot from the pedal. After about a mile of taping the brakes to try to free it up I pulled over because I didn't want to cause a fire. After putting the car in park and waiting about a minute I pulled away and everything seemed fine. This is a little scarry because if the brakes drag it can get pretty hot and catch on fire.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
1 Posts
Brakes lock up

I have a 03 Trailblazer EXT and after about ten minutes of driving the brakes engage and the calipers lock up and will not release until the car sits for hours. Anyone else have this problem and a solution?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts