Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I have a very unusual problem with my 2006 2wd trailblazer with the inline 6. It has 36k on the clock. I purchase the truck new in 06.

If I hit the brakes sometimes they will "hang up". I remove my foot from the pedal and hit the gas and the truck will not go. It will move but you can tell that the brakes (or something) are dragging. I pumped the pedal and it felt like there was no vacuum to the booster. The only way that I can get the brakes to release is by placing the car in park and then putting it back into drive. Everything will then work fine. It is a very intermint problem. The traction control light did light. The dealer replace the traction control modual due to an error in the controller. Everything worked fine for about 6 months when it did it again. the dealer told me that there were no error codes this time but they are going to change the ABS modual. This problem has occured with both myself and my wife. I am to the point where I don't trust the vehicle because this has happend in the middle of traffic. I feel that this could led to an accident. If you all have any ideas I would really appreciate your help.

Brian

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,708 Posts
Welcome to the site, lots of info here.
If they are going to replace it for free, go for it. Keep records as to when they touched the vehicle, could be a bad thing to have happen in traffic. The brakes do not lock up, just drag, correct? Please fill out the user CP so we know what you have.

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
:tiphat Welcome :tiphat I don't think a lack of vacuum is the problem. If you had no vacuum it would be like having no brakes not a lock-up situation. A very hard peddle. Best bet is be cautious. Good luck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The brakes don't lock up completely. The engine has enough grunt to move the truck. If you let up off the gas it will come to a stop in a hurry. It does not seem to pull to the left or right, that leads me to believe that all of the brakes are holding. It is still under warranty. I do believe that the dealer is just throwing parts at the problem hoping that it will go away. I just filled out my CP.;)

thanks

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,708 Posts
If they are going to fix it fine, however have you tried to turn the truck off in netural and then restart? It might be the ABS turning on or not turning off. The pumps can do strange things. Putting it into park also might tell the ABS to turn off. Pulling the ABS fuse might give you an input as well. There is a valve on the master cyl that releaves the pressure when you take your foot off the pedal and that could be sticking

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A sticking valve might be the problem. The more I think about it, the more that it might be a valve. I think the weather has something to with it as well. We have only had problems when it was cold out.

Where is this valve located? If it does it again, I will have an idea of where to go.

Thanks for the help!!:thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts