Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here is the deal, I brought my 03 trailblazer LS to a mechanic to have some work done. I had him replace the brake pads in the front and when I got it back the brakes were hanging up. I called him and told him my issues and he basicly told me to F off. The first thing I did to try and fix the problem myself was replace the front calipers, that didn't do anything at all,so then I replaced the master cylinder and that didn't do anything either! Then I brought it to a local brake shop and they replaced the brake hoses going to the calipers (they said there was a restriction) and that didn't do anything either,they did the work for free because they couldn't fix the problem. Then i've been reading postings on this site and thought that i should replace the abs module and the module valve. So I bought a used on from a junk yard because the dealer wanted big bucks for one. I replaced it and bled the brakes and the brakes weren't hanging up anymore. I was so excited!!! until I started the trailblazer and now the same thing the brakes are hanging up again. I was reading in other posts that the ABS module needs to be programed by the dealer. Does anyone know if that might be my problem? Is it possible that the ABS module is applying pressure to the brakes because is its not programed spacificly to my trailblazer? Im about to light a match and burn this thing to the ground because it is so frusterating!!! :bonk:

Any feedback would be very helpful Thanks !!! :thx

·
Registered
12 Posts
Brakes hanging up

Welcome to the club. I’m waiting on a resolution also for my 2003 trailblazer. I just recently changed out the brake lines and replaced the caliper and bled the entire system. No changes. One guy stated he solved his problem by shimming but he hasn’t responded yet as to what size shims or how his mechanic fixed his. I’m desperate so if you get anything please please share.
Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Same here. I'm still paying for my 2002. Just got it in April. Can't drive it tho. Have to give it gas to go down hill when it gets really bad Seems to only be the passenger side front on mine. Or at least it's the worst of the four.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts