Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xl
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all trailvoyers! im new in this site. glad im a part of trailvoy fam now.
i just bought a pre-owned 2004 gmc envoy slt xl. (traded my 04 nissan sentra)

no problem with it so far and it runs great. the only thing i noticed is when i engaged in 4hi, it seemed the brakes are engaged and i can barely move my envoy. specially when turning while im parking, the front wheel vibtrates. im new to a 4wd vehicle and have no idea if this is normal or not.

any of you experienced the same thing?

i love my truck and i will never let anything bad to happen to her. lol. emotional.

im worried :(

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
164 Posts
Do you mean you feel it when you turn or all the time? It's perfectly normal and prety much stadard to get some bouncing when taking tight corners in a 4WD, If you experiencing this though all the time there may be a large issue.

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
:tiphat Welcome :tiphat

That is common and bad for the 4x4. It is binding the front drive train.

Never use 4HI or 4LO on clear pavement, and try not to use it when making sharp turns, even in snow. Like when you are parking.

Search for "crow hopping"

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Also explained in the Owner's Manual, which you should sit down and read cover-to-cover at least once if you love your truck. ;)

Discovering the service intervals for things like the transfer case (a surprisingly low 50K miles) is also essential to a long and satisfying relationship with her.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xl
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
tnx roadie, shes 66553 miles. running good. changed my tires though. saw your truck in youtube. but i dont want to put my truck in such trails. worried something might get broken.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts