Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As my wife put our '06 Trailblazer LT in reverse to leave the garage it began to move but when she hit the brakes to stop, the pedal only went in about half way and stopped and the brakes did not engage. She was able to pull the e-brake to stop and got in in park. She turned it off and let it sit for about thirty seconds then fired it back up and everything was back to normal.

I'm a bit fearful that this will happen while on the road so I'm going to call the dealer to check it out.

In the meantime, has anyone ever heard of this? Is it a fluke or is this a known issue?

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Don't think I've ever read about such a problem in my years here. There was nothing rolling around on the floor that might have gotten under the pedal?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't think I've ever read about such a problem in my years here. There was nothing rolling around on the floor that might have gotten under the pedal?
That was the first question out of my mouth when she told me what happened, she said she thought that too and checked after she turned it off but could find nothing.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,708 Posts
I have not looked, but if our booster has a check valve it might have stuck and opon the second start it opened up. Just a guess but without the booster the pedal is very, very hard (using two feet to stop)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts