Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Was driving home with the windows down yesterday, and noticed a peculiar issue: When my brakes are NOT engaged (pedal not depressed), there's a squealing noise a lot like the wear indicators, but it goes away when I press the brakes.

Going to take the wheels off and have a look at them in the morning, but is there anything in particular that I should be looking for?

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
628 Posts
I think you will find that the pads are worn low and need replacing, that's what the squealers are all about, a heads up that they need to be replaced soon.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same issue. Brakes changed on front and back with new calipers. Its only the rear drivers side. around 10 MPH or tapping on the breaks will cause the squeaky noise. But when fully pushing on the breaks it gone or when driving

·
Registered
2004 GMC Envoy SLT 4.2
185 Posts
An old drum brake trick :
Try backing up quickly and hitting the brakes hard . Do that a few times . I helps clear the pads .

·
Registered
2 Posts
I will give it a shot, funny thing is that it was making the same noise prior to swapping out the brakes, calipers and also the rotors. I even swapped out the axle bearings believing this might have been the the issue. I even swapped out the emergency brake plate as well. Its very irritating and i have not ran into this before on any other vehicle

·
Registered
2004 GMC Envoy SLT 4.2
185 Posts
Hmmm , Maybe the composition of the pads you're using .

It's a well known fact that some compositions are 'noisier' than others .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts