Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my right rear Brake Light & Reverse light won't turn on ......My tail light works fine as do all three other lights including the passenger side rear Brake & Reverse lights. I replaced the entire rear right light fixture & still only my driving tail light works. Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
456 Posts
Have you replaced the bulbs? If yes, then go to the top of the liftgate and start looking for one or more broken wires in the wire bundle that is inside the rubber hose that goes between the body and the liftgate. That is a known "trouble spot" in TrailBlazers.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
2,444 Posts
plscolla - those wires have nothing to do with the brake and reverse lights. The wires in the rubber boot are for the liftgate items such as power for the LGM, rear wiper and keyless entry.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
456 Posts
EnvoyBoy2004, Thanks! Now that I think about it, I see the error of my thought process at the time. Boy was I ever wrong!!!

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
30 Posts
cdub- I may not be able to help you with your problem specifically but maybe if you use the correct terminology you may have better luck in searching for a fix. You say the right rear doesn't work but you say the passenger rear works. The passenger side is the right side. Driver's side is left side. Hope this helps in your quest.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts