Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
6 Posts
I am interested in this answer as well. I just purchased a used 2005 and found out my top and right brake lights don't work (but the left one does!). Checked bulbs and they are ok. Taillights work and flashers work. It's funny, after that, I was following a trailblazer on the road and noticed the same problem on his!

· Banned
2004 gmc
26,436 Posts
Bulbs are very hard to confirm visually - try a new one if you can't check continuity with a meter. PC boards that they plug into are a reliability problem as well. Harness sockets corrode and the pins in the circuit boards can get rusty. Aftermarket replacements available at the usual parts stores, it's not just a GM item.

Do either of you have a meter and know how to use them? I could post the pinout of the PC board if you want to check voltages.

· South Chapter
4,615 Posts
I am interested in this answer as well. I just purchased a used 2005 and found out my top and right brake lights don't work (but the left one does!). Checked bulbs and they are ok. Taillights work and flashers work. It's funny, after that, I was following a trailblazer on the road and noticed the same problem on his!
The TB taillights only light up for brakes on the top and for turns on the bottom....they are not quad tails unless you modify them. The parking lights are only lit on the top as well, unless they have been modded to be quads.

BTW, Welcome to TrailVoy!!! Enjoy your ride!!!

· Registered
2009 chevy
6,513 Posts
02 Envoy lower brake lights don't work, center one does, bulbs and fuses look good, any suggestions?
Well, I just read your post, you let us go down the wrong trail. You should have said, my brake lights don't work, the centre one is ok.

But I also see that you have never checked back to see if we were paying attention, or, if maybe we were smart enough to help. Good luck with your problem.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.