Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2007 chevy
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I was thinking of buying some SS decals for my brake calipers but just had a few questions. I am not going to get involved with painting the calipers. I wanted to know how they would hold up on unpainted calipers, assuming they are properly cleaned. any advice would help. Thanks:)

·
Registered
2006 chevy
538 Posts
I ordered a G2 paint kit for my calipers. I like some of the decals, but I have questions about their durability. But quite a few people have them, so you'd think you'd hear if they just bubble up/shrink/burn and peel off, right?

·
Registered
2007 non_gmt360 other
16 Posts
We have been selling caliper decals for over 2 years and have had none peel shrink or burn. Here is a sample that have been installed well over a year.

However on unpainted calipers the decals will probably not stick and will definitely not last.

·
Registered
2008 chevy
16,008 Posts
since you are not looking to paint your calipers you can always look at caliper covers, and then put the stickers on them

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,236 Posts
Don't make painting calipers out to be more work than it is... I just use a can of red spray paint and it works well. About every 6 months, when I rotate my tires, I give them a freshening. Everyone thinks I have $$$ fancy brakes, but they are just a $5 can of paint. I don't even take them off the truck. Just mask a bit and let fly. If you want super-detailed work, remove them and do the details. The paint doesn't burn off at all. Don't really know where that myth came in -- most street-driven vehicles don't get on the brakes that hard and that long except in rare occaisions.

·
Registered
2006 chevy
1,111 Posts
However on unpainted calipers the decals will probably not stick and will definitely not last.
:iagree: Painting is not as hard as people think. Figure an hour per caliper for prep and paint. G2 works great. Mine were done 2 years ago.

·
Registered
2006 chevy
538 Posts
"An hour per caliper" - unless you're anal, slow, and can't leave well enough alone, like me. I probably spent about 2 hours per caliper on sanding, grinding, wire brushing, and cleaning (I took them off). Then about 2 hours to paint them all (crappy hot, humid, rainy day, too). I also replaced the pads, rotors, bleeder valves (used SpeedBleeders), and lines (with stainless steel brake lines). And added decals from MCV. Can you tell? Probably not. But I feel better about it...
TBSS Brakes Done Driver front - small.jpg

TBSS Brakes Done PF Line visible a little dark - small.jpg

So, all in all, to get the paint on, about 3 weeks on stands (I was out of town a lot) and $800.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
89 Posts
Wonder how well you could see the decals on stock TB rims? Looking at painting my calipers then decal.

·
Registered
2006 chevy
538 Posts
Wonder how well you could see the decals on stock TB rims? Looking at painting my calipers then decal.
I'm pretty sure if you do a search you'll see pictures of what you're looking to do...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts