Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brake and abs light have been on for over a year and I have replaced my brakes and a wheel bearing with a new abs wire and the lights are still on. Also, I have a “service airbag” message and light that are intermittent. I had some chewed wires and I fixed them and since then the message and light comes and goes. I can wiggle the wire and it will go away but then it will come back sooner or later and I’ve fixed the wire multiple times in case it is lose..

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Are you saying that the AIRBAG light goes ON & OFF when you jiggle the wires?

Does your steering wheel have controls on it - is it heated, control the radio, etc?

WHERE were the wires 'CHEWED'?

BREAK UP YOUR SENTENCES --- ok?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you saying that the AIRBAG light goes ON & OFF when you jiggle the wires?

Does your steering wheel have controls on it - is it heated, control the radio, etc?

WHERE were the wires 'CHEWED'?

BREAK UP YOUR SENTENCES --- ok?
The airbag light goes off once I wiggle the wire. But then after a few minutes of driving it’ll come back on so I’m thinking it’s the wire again. Like it came loose.

No my steering wheel has no controls on it.
Wires were chewed right under passenger side back seat, coming from the BCM, just before the splice pack.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xuv
38 Posts
Your brake and ABS light will come on if the fuse controlling the ABS is removed or broken. (Some of us remove the fuse for the bad wheel speed sensor issue to keep the ABS from kicking in when it shouldn't.) Simple thing to check first.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Your brake and ABS light will come on if the fuse controlling the ABS is removed or broken. (Some of us remove the fuse for the bad wheel speed sensor issue to keep the ABS from kicking in when it shouldn't.) Simple thing to check first.
I did not know that ---- thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts